Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

Default Glock engraving/customization?

Anyone have any pictures they'd like to share?

I am considering getting my G19 engraved but first I want to know what experiences others have had with this process. I don't want to risk the reliability or funtionality of my firearm and I'm no expert on the subject.

I was thinking maybe a simple "U.S.M.C." on one side and an Eagle Globe and Anchor on the other side. What do you think?

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Glock engraving/customization?

No pictures at the moment but it only cuts through the tenifer and won't do anything to reliability. It's a giant thick piece of metal, they already engrave the numbers in, just get it done by a pro! Preferably one with a military discount. . I wouldn't recommend engraving say the trigger bar for example.

And quotes are nice but I'm sure it could be used in court against you on the small chance you are in a shooting. I like your idea.
    Soldats ! Faites votre devoir ! Droit au cœur mais épargnez le visage. Feu !

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by GregorOneEye View Post
    No pictures at the moment but it only cuts through the tenifer and won't do anything to reliability. It's a giant thick piece of metal, they already engrave the numbers in, just get it done by a pro! Preferably one with a military discount. . I wouldn't recommend engraving say the trigger bar for example.

And quotes are nice but I'm sure it could be used in court against you on the small chance you are in a shooting. I like your idea.
    How could it be used against me?

Lots of LE departments have engravings on their Glocks... at least I was able to find lots of them online.

(Lancaster County)

I am very happy with my engraved 19. Had it done by rockyourglock.com. Its a cheap way to make a very common gun unique to you. I think the thing that could be used against you in court only applies when you start engraving phrases like "Die bitch" into your gun. Here is a link to some logos, the USMC insignia is there but no U.S.M.C. http://www.rockyourglock.com/mm5/mer...ode=MilitaryLE
    Last edited by bripro; July 16th, 2010 at 11:44 PM.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by bripro View Post
    I think the thing that could be used against you in court only applies when you start engraving phrases like "Die bitch" into your gun.

That's what I meant, or putting JUSTICE on the side could be interpreted as you thinking you were judge jury executioner blah blah. I wouldn't want to give prosecution anything to hang me on. It's innocent enough until they get a hold of it and twist it around from a pretty decoration to a lifestyle.

USMC will only remind the jury of military training and commitment and is a great idea!

TBH having Purge the Unclean would be awesome on a gun (Nerd reference) but I would never carry it for fear of looking like a nutball.
    Last edited by GregorOneEye; July 16th, 2010 at 11:57 PM.
    Soldats ! Faites votre devoir ! Droit au cœur mais épargnez le visage. Feu !