I'll be moving from SC to Philly in a few weeks and I'm looking for some guidance. I've already spent an hour and a half reading through two or three threads on obtaining a LTCF from Philly county, and while I have a spotless record (one speeding ticket in SC is the only mark on my record; I've never so much as gotten a parking ticket) I can't say I'm looking forward to the process. I'm assuming that PA residents have to get their permits from the county they reside in? I've heard non-residents can go to whatever county they like (Centre county seems to be popular) but I'm guessing residents have to go where they live. Also, I know the idea of getting a lawyer before even starting the process comes recommended, and I read somewhere about Phil Kline (who I believe is a member around here) and another lawyer whose name escapes me at the moment. Having never used a lawyer before I have no idea even what consultation fees would be like - can anyone give a recommendation, any maybe a PM with ballpark costs? Moving is expensive and since I'm spending several thousand dollars moving and finding an apartment and all that jazz, I don't want to get in over my head if it's going to cost a ton. However I also don't want to make a mistake the first time around and spend more to correct it later.

I guess one other question for concealed carry. My NH permit is good through May 2013. In you guys' opinion, should I jump on getting my PA permit right away or does the NH permit give me breathing room?

Beyond the concealed carry issue, I've got a rifle and three handguns. I assume there's no problem bringing them in-state with me when I move? Does PA have any weird restrictions on magazine capacities? (15 round mags in the SKS and 17+1 in the PT-92, if it makes a difference.)

Thanks for your help!