Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Hypothetical armed robbery "what would you do"

Honest answer: I don't know.

If we fall back on our training, I'd hand over my wallet. After thousands of reps, my wife has trained that muscle memory into me.
    Last edited by Cole; July 17th, 2010 at 11:19 AM.

(Allegheny County)

If it happens, it's going to be so quick you won't have time to think. And not much time to react either. No personal property on me is worth my life. I want the ordeal over with as quick as possible. If someone has a gun pointed at me it wouldn't be the time to be a hero.

Police: Couple Robbed At Gunpoint At West End Overlook

Posted: 4:46 pm EDT July 16, 2010

PITTSBURGH -- Police said a man and a woman were robbed a gunpoint on the West End Overlook Wednesday night.

Investigators said Christopher Freeman and Marlin Fields, both 18, robbed the victims as they were walking towards the parking lot. Police said Freeman pulled out a gun and said, “Give me what you got.”

Police said the male victim gave him his wallet. According to police Fields then said to the man, “That’s not all you got. I know you have more.”

The victim told police he gave them a $20 bill and that’s when the men left and said, “You better not call the cops.”

Park visitors were surprised to hear about the crime.

"That's crazy. It's usually nice and peaceful around here. We usually come here and eat our lunches and stuff like that," said Brian Starceski. "I'll definitely lock my car, and we'll walk together and always make sure we are together at night then."

Police said they searched the area and were able to arrest Freeman and Fields within minutes. They also recovered the suspected weapon.

Freeman is charged with carrying a firearm without a license. Both men are charged with robbery and criminal conspiracy.
    "Having a gun and thinking you are armed is like having a piano and thinking you are a musician" Col. Jeff Cooper (U.S.M.C. Ret.)
    Speed is fine, Accuracy is final

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    Very similar situation actaully happened in the Walmart parking lot in East Stroudsburg two years ago. Guy dropped his wallet and went for his ankle holster. Luckily, the bad guy was maybe the worst shot in history.

http://www.poconorecord.com/apps/pbc.../NEWS/80828002
    I know that walmart. Not only was that kid a pisspoor shot, but damn stupid too. Bury the gun in the mulch islands? Jeez.

I'm really doubtfull I would be able to clear the cover, draw, then fire before the mugger - who has his pistol already drawn and ready - could fire. That's what SA is for, to prevent getting into a situation where you are so largely outmaneuvered. Going down a dark alley? Listen, get a bit of a hold on the cover shirt, keep eyes peeled, and so on.

(Montgomery County)

Simple...set phasers on stun

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Cole View Post
    Honest answer: I don't know.

If we fall back on our training, I'd hand over my wallet. After thousands of reps, my wife has trained that muscle memory into me.
    ouch!!!!!!
    Last edited by den9; July 20th, 2010 at 10:08 AM.

(Westmoreland County)

If alone would never be in a dark ally any way. So danger of this is nill.
    If with my family would never place them into this situation in the first place. So danger of this is also nill.

Through out the years I have discovered that what if situations are placed by people that want to show that those of us that have LTCF or OC place ourselves in danger so we can use our guns. Using common sense and avoiding the obvious danger of specific situation is the better answer.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234