Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default perdue mt. gun club

anyone a member? aparently its located by the state college airport... i looked it up online and it looks like a nice place but its pretty expensive.... anywho i plan to take a trip down to scotia once i get my spring in for the revolver....

(Centre County)

Default Re: perdue mt. gun club

The club is called Outdoor Sportsman's Club or OSC. They have a decent place up there, I have only shot on the rifle range last summer and it was being rebuilt when I was there. The pistol ranges look nice but we didn't shot on them. I have thought about joining but they are too rich for my blood and have some requirements that I knew I would not be able to fulfill due to my work schedule.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Buy a silencer.

Tax: $200
    Cost of effective 5.56 suppressor: $500
    Letting the elderly neighbors sleep in until morning: Priceless.

"132 and Bush I've got him at gun point, OK gun point, 132 and bush, cover is code 3"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

(Lehigh County)

yeah i just read their rules and im not liking it.... how bout we all get together on someones farm and make our own pafoa range?? any takers?? hahaha i guess ill just work with scotia.... hopefully over the summer it wont be too bad with the kids gone...

(Centre County)

I am a member up there. It is expensive if you don't do the work voucher. But it is worth it to me so I don't have to shoot at Scotia. The last time I shot at Scotia, someone opened fire while I was still at the target line.

The ranges are nice and I have not found their rules restrictive at all. I am not sure what you don't like about the rules.

(Lehigh County)

you have to be an NRA member.... thats what i dont like about it.... what do you mean by work voucher? there is a guard at the center county Social Security office who goes there and loves it.... i was looking through the site and other than having to be an NRA member it looks like a great place...

(Centre County)

There are cheaper more practical alternatives. It just requires about a 40 minute drive.

Mifflin County Sportsmans Assoc. membership is very reasonable and they have a great facility. Check them out on-line.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by arrrrgh15 View Post
    There are cheaper more practical alternatives. It just requires about a 40 minute drive.

Mifflin County Sportsmans Assoc. membership is very reasonable and they have a great facility. Check them out on-line.
    im looking into the one in lewistown but i was told about that one too... im just not a fan of havint to belong to an association just to be part of a community... theres alwas scotia... but i may get shot while im there!!

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bigrepp61 View Post
    im just not a fan of havint to belong to an association just to be part of a community
    I can understand that. The work voucher is basically a way to work off up to half of a years membership.

It takes me about 15 minutes to get to the range and I still have trouble getting time to go out more than a couple of times a month. If I had to drive 40 minutes to a range, I don't think I would be shooting much even if it was cheaper. Of course I am spoiled. I grew up on a farm and shot anywhere I pleased.

(Centre County)

I looked in to the OSC back when scotia was closed for like forever few years back.

I too find membership requirement to be somewhat of turn off.
    And like Josh, I too find it hard to meet some of their membership requirements due to my work schedule.

And Scotia isn't that bad.
    I know many people don't care for them, but its 10min from my house, and its free.
    My niece and I have been using the ranges inside of fance, and for the most part, i havent had any bad luck there.
    Aux range, on the other hand, its like wild west out there sometimes. specialy when school is on. there were few times in the past we packed up and called the day early(or moved to inside range) couple of times in the past.

yeah.. we need new ranges locally...
    Audemus jura nostra defendere

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mity2 View Post
    yeah.. we need new ranges locally...
    any takers???? i still want to go out and shoot with you guys sometime... hopefully i can convince my wife to let me out for a few hours and she can watch the little one...

ohh and if ya dont mind id like to get together with you sometime since you have some experience with working on the 10/22... id like to do some work to it but im afraid ill destroy it in the process...
    Last edited by Bigrepp61; July 25th, 2010 at 07:50 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast