Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Stoeger "Cougar" .45acp

How many of you are familiar with the Stoeger Cougar in .45acp? I have not seen one in person, but the photo's of them look nice. I think it is probably the same gun as the old Beretta Cougar.

Default Re: Stoeger "Cougar" .45acp

It is the same gun as the Beretta Cougar 8045 for about 2/3 the price Stoeger is a good bargain for what you get. I own a 8040 Stoeger I wish I would have waited on the 9mm but the 8040 is a fine pistol. Because of how much 9mm ammo I have and the price vs. 40 cals.

Made just like a 8040/45 Beretta feel nice and shoots great everything available for the Beretta will work with the Stoeger, basically Stoeger is making the Cougar line of Beretta pistols. If you like Beretta Cougars pistols this is one of the better deals out there IMHO.

(Montgomery County)

I had one, and recently sold it. As mentioned, it's a Beretta Cougar in every way. The only reason I dumped it was that IMO, it was the "weakest link" among the 6 guns I had, and I wanted to pick up a shotgun. Nothing bad about it, but nothing impressed me as being stellar either.
    "I don't care what went wrong. I beat the snot out of it until it works" - Clint Smith

(Bucks County)

It's a Beretta Cougar with a rail & Stoeger instead of Beretta stamped on the side of the gun. It's made on the exact same machinery. Beretta moved it's Cougar factory to Turkey. Turkish labor is much cheaper than Italian labor. You now get a $700+ handgun for $400.

I have a Stoeger Cougar 8000 ($369 NIB). There's not a handgun on the market that can touch it for that price. I've just gone over 2000 flawless rds fired. The Cougar 8045 is the next gun on my list. They're $419 NIB at my local shop.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by triplebike View Post
    It's a Beretta Cougar with a rail & Stoeger instead of Beretta stamped on the side of the gun. It's made on the exact same machinery. Beretta moved it's Cougar factory to Turkey. Turkish labor is much cheaper than Italian labor. You now get a $700+ handgun for $400.

I have a Stoeger Cougar 8000 ($369 NIB). There's not a handgun on the market that can touch it for that price. I've just gone over 2000 flawless rds fired. The Cougar 8045 is the next gun on my list. They're $419 NIB at my local shop.
    ^^This

I have a Cougar 8000 and share the same experience and opinion as triplebike.

You won't be disappointed.

Thanks for the reply's fellers, I appreciate em. This is a great board over here. I have been a member of a Benneli forum for quite some time, and still can't even post messages. I have sent six private messages to the staff over there with zero reply's.