Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Robbery at Gateway Motel?

Seriously... isn't this motel like 25.00 a night? Who the hell would stay there
    if you have money?

http://www.poconorecord.com/apps/pbc...NEWS/100719970

Man held at gunpoint in Ross motel

July 13, 2010

Police are searching for three men who attempted to rob a 55-year-old Wind Gap man at gunpoint early this morning.

According to police, three men forced their way into a room occupied by David Williams, 55, of Wind Gap, at the Gateway Motel along Old Route 115 in Ross Township.

The men held a gun to Williams’ head and demanded his money. When he told the men he didn’t have any, they ransacked the room. They then fled without taking anything.

The incident occurred between 1 and 1:30 a.m.

The men were described as black, wearing hooded shirts. At least one wore a blue scarf over the lower half of his face.

Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call the Pennsylvania State Police in Lehighton at 610-377-4270.
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Robbery at Gateway Motel?

If you notice, he is a Wind Gap resident staying at a Wind Gap hotel...

My guess is that something fishy is going on...
    And don't think you're off the hook, voters, you're the ones who made this bed. Now you're the ones who are going to have to move over so a gay couple can sleep in it. Tomorrow you're all going to wake up in a brave new world, a world where the Constitution gets trampled by an army of terrorist clones, created in a stem-cell research lab run by homosexual doctors who sterilize their instruments over burning American flags. -- Stephen Colbert

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by US Militiaman View Post
    If you notice, he is a Wind Gap resident staying at a Wind Gap hotel...

My guess is that something fishy is going on...
    I have only seen it from the outside but it reminds me of a cross between the "Bates Motel" and your stereotypical no-tell motel. Kind of a small version of the old Colony Motel in Stroudsburg. Hard to tell from the story if there was some kind of deal gone bad or just a random act of violence. Maybe they were census workers just trying to do a thorough job?

(Lackawanna County)

Thirty-fi dollah you want clean sheet...

Might be a resident; a lot of those places are like $450 a month with once a week housekeeping.
    "...a REPUBLIC, if you can keep it."

(Monroe County)

Its not in Wind Gap... just making sure thats clear... so I can go past it at 47 mph and not get pulled over... unlike 100 yards down the road where if you go 36 in a 35 you'll get busted

Its possible he got thrown out of his house... or he was renting the room by the hour
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    Its not in Wind Gap... just making sure thats clear... so I can go past it at 47 mph and not get pulled over... unlike 100 yards down the road where if you go 36 in a 35 you'll get busted

Its possible he got thrown out of his house... or he was renting the room by the hour
    correct. It's located after it changes from 35 to 45

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by CHEMICAL View Post
    correct. It's located after it changes from 35 to 45
    and its outside Wind Gap Nazi Police area

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAKevin View Post
    I have only seen it from the outside but it reminds me of a cross between the "Bates Motel" and your stereotypical no-tell motel. Kind of a small version of the old Colony Motel in Stroudsburg. Hard to tell from the story if there was some kind of deal gone bad or just a random act of violence. Maybe they were census workers just trying to do a thorough job?
    The colony is in bangor isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    and its outside Wind Gap Nazi Police area
    by like 300 yards
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by jcabin View Post
    The colony is in bangor isn't it?
    The Colony Moter Lodge that I was referring to was located on West Main Street outside of Stroudsburg, just down the street from the Big Star Ice Cream stand. It was demolished last fall but was a long time point of interest for the down trodden, self employed adult entertainers and aspiring entrepreneurs of all sorts. The last couple of years, it went by "Alpine Motel" but local residents still knew it as the Colony. It was probably best known for the peanut butter murder. I could not find the original story but the Record had this reference:

http://www.poconorecord.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080808/NEWS/808080350

An East Stroudsburg man was found dead — tied up, dressed in a scuba dry suit and smeared with peanut butter — in the former Colony Motel on West Main Street, Stroudsburg, in May 2000. It was apparently the result of a night of kinky sex gone wrong. A murder charge against an acquaintance of the victim was later dropped.

The Colony, renamed the Alpine Motel, was the site of a fatal shooting in 2006. The victim, an East Stroudsburg man, was found lying in the bathroom in a pool of blood. The killer was caught and jailed for the crime, which involved a drug deal.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAKevin View Post
    The Colony Moter Lodge that I was referring to was located on West Main Street outside of Stroudsburg, just down the street from the Big Star Ice Cream stand. It was demolished last fall but was a long time point of interest for the down trodden, self employed adult entertainers and aspiring entrepreneurs of all sorts. The last couple of years, it went by "Alpine Motel" but local residents still knew it as the Colony. It was probably best known for the peanut butter murder. I could not find the original story but the Record had this reference:

http://www.poconorecord.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080808/NEWS/808080350
    interesting. Weren't two young black men shot to death behind the alpine hotel in 2007?
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast