Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Angry The nerve of some people

I was going to put this in the Lounge but it deals with OC and CC so I'll put it here. Mods, if you gotta move it go ahead, my bad.
    It all started last Monday(7/5) me and a few friends went out to eat breakfast at the Deluxe Diner on Lancaster Pike. I was OC. We ate and had no problems, went outside and talked for a good 15-20min, all with my 24/7LS(not a small gun 5.25" barrel) strapped to my hip in an Uncle Mikes LE holster with spare mag holder and thumb break(not a small holster). No one said a word while we were talking, which is how it usually is since I OC'd around them a few times before. Me and my good friend leave to go to the range so I could shoot my 91/30 I just got, along with my other long guns. After a few minutes of driving my friends phone rings and it's his girlfriend that was eating with us but left separately to do other things that day. She was calling to say that one of the guys only just noticed my gun as I was getting into my car and literally FREAKED out. She said he got REAL loud and started talking about how OC is illegal, cops could have come and shot/arrested me for doing so and should have. Now I wasn't there to hear the whole thing, but I know enough by what she said and I know there were other people outside at the time and this guy does have a big mouth, so I know they saw and heard.
    Now I educated my good friend and his gf with everything I learn on this site and others, so she tried to correct him and all she got was some belittling banter on how she knows nothing, etc. So today on my day off I finally sent this guy an IM to try and enlighten him. FYI, this guy is a gun owner and LTCF holder.
    Here is the conversation and no, he is not very bright:

Jonathan Good- Spreading the facts on Open Carry since everyone seems to have their own opinion on what the LAW really is.Pennsylvania Open Carry Gun Laws, Information, Fliers and Forum - paopencarry.org
    www.paopencarry.org
    PaOpenCarry.org is a non profit information website pertaining to the constitutional right to open carry weapons in Pennsylvania. They provide information on open carry gun laws, fliers and a member forum (Link to paopencarry.org)

John Doe- § 6109. Licenses.
    Purpose of license. -- A license to carry a firearm shall be for the purpose of carrying a firearm on or about one's person or in a vehicle throughout this Commonwealth. That's from ur website

John Doe- § 6122. Proof of license and exception.
    General rule. -- When carrying a firearm concealed on or about one's person or in a vehicle, an individual licensed to carry a firearm shall, upon lawful demand of a law enforcement officer, produce the license for inspection. Failure to produce such license either at the time of arrest or at the preliminary hearing shall create a rebuttable presumption of nonlicensure. Hmm that's also from ur web site

Jonathan Good- yeah, CONCEALED, there is no license to carry OPENLY(except in cities of first class like Philly).

John Doe- Ok here's the deal when someone comes into deluxe dinner and robs the place at 930 in the morning while it's packed with old people, I'll suck your dick. Stroke the shaft cup the balls swallow the gravy. Until then get ur license and conceal that shit cuz ur just asking for trouble

Jonathan Good- john, i have my license. i choose to carry it how i see fit and there shouldn't be any trouble as it is a legal right to do it.

John Doe- ur right there is nothing that says its illegal open carry, please dont carry open around my friends and i, because when ur gun is taken from u, i dont want it used on any of us. (he finally acknowledges its legal about 5-6hours in)
    Jonathan Good- its less likely for me to be disarmed than any police officer because of the style holster i use. (I should have specified more)

John Doe- LMFAO!!!!!! HAHA!!!! your absolutely right because buying a fancy holster automatically makes ignorant inexperienced people less likely to be disarmed than a police officer with hundreds of hours in combat, defense, and shooting tactics. (He has no clue about my training or the officers training)

Jonathan Good- the only ignorant person here is you

John Doe- Look Rambo if thats what you need to do to feel like a big boy go right ahead. It's obvious u need to compensate for something but please do wise up and consider the people around u. Don't be just another gun toting asshole. I'm all for our right to bear arms, but not openly in a family diner packed with old people. Again consider the people around u

Jonathan Good- what makes you think that just because someone open carries they are rambo or are trying to compensate for anything? as far as who i carry around, i forgot that crimes only happen at night around minorities in the city, they never happen during the day around old people in the suburbs that are eating.

John Doe- Yes Rambo they do happen in the suburbs. Do u really need to make the people around you uncomfortable? Hmm. What about the owner of the restaurant? All that is easily fixed by covering it the fuck up.
    (Bold is me)

I know I could have worded things better but I was just getting so frustrated with this guy. He had the nerve to call me ignorant when he literally has no idea what is or isn't legal to do with firearms. I know compared to some I know nothing, but I have learned a whole lot from this site and I like to think I know the basics. It's the odds and ends I'm still working on. But he's calling up my skill and knowledge when he obviously knows nothing at all, it just really irks me. I have more range time with my newest handgun than most of the officers at the Spring Township building have with ANY gun(there is only like 2-4 in the whole place that regularly use the range). I doubt he even has a holster for any of his guns, he says he always has them in his glovebox(unlocked). He seems like the type of person that just shoves it in his waistband. I mean during that breakfast he was telling a story how he was out driving like an asshat and gets pulled over with his gun in the glovebox on top of his registration and was freaking out, thinking that when he tells the officer that he's going to be shot. His whole attitude seems paranoid of guns.
    I mean I really don't care about his view on OC vs CC, but what got me was his lies about legality and constantly saying that I'm wrong. If I don't know something I usually don't argue it or I say IDK but give ideas. But when I'm right I have a really bad habit of fighting it to the bitter end. I got him to see the truth, so why ain't I happy? I forsee trouble coming from this guy. I don't hangout with him, but he hangs out with the people I hangout with.
    Well, thanks for letting me let off some steam. If you have advice or comments they are welcome, but be gentle.
    Last edited by JonnyBeGood86; July 12th, 2010 at 05:49 PM.
    So ya, Thought ya, Might like to Go to the show

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: The nerve of some people

For some people the law will always be what they "think" it is or what they wish it to be. You can't convince some people. Some will come around when they become victims of a violent crime, others will just attack gun ownership all the harder - giving rise to groups like the Brady bunch.

A plus to how you handled it. That is, as best you could, lol. Though, no matter how much information you throw at a closed mind, it will remain closed. Nothing can get through, because that person (read sheeple) lives in their own little world where nothing bad ever happens to them, and that IF somehow something did happen to them, the police will be there right away, to save the day of course.

Sadly, if the situation is violent enough, they won't be alive to learn their lesson.

(Indiana County)

If blowing off steam makes you feel better, then feel free to do so. Yes, there are ignorant people in this world. For those of us that know better, present company included, it is our job to educate them. Not to call them stupid, which they may or may not be, not to call them names, which may well be deserved. If the other person has a problem, then, the other person has a problem. I don't have a problem. You don't have a problem. The other person has a problem.

Print up some Pa. Open Carry flyers (folded up they will fit in your wallet), and hand them out any time some ignorant idiot opens his or her yap. Smile. Be nice. Be nice until it's time not to be nice. But, in the meantime, be nice.

(Columbia County)

What an idiot. You showed him the legality of it. What more can you do? I can't believe you spent 5-6 hours on the IM with him. I would have been lucky to have the stomach to talk with this guy 5-6 minutes about it. If it were me, I'd purposely avoid this asshat. He sounds like an uninformed libtard anti-gunner with a LTCF if you ask me.

(Clinton County)

There are jerks like this out there. No matter how you try to educate them it will not work. They will stay jerks.
    The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by B2Luv2Hunt View Post
    There are jerks like this out there. No matter how you try to educate them it will not work. They will stay jerks.
    I could not agree more and in most cases the more you prove them wrong the worse they get. It becomes frustrating and no matter how much you want to be the better man you always end up just wanting to s*+t on the hood of their car.
    Those who fear the coming of all Hells
    are those who should be feared themselves.

(Monroe County)

It's good you talked to him. Atleast you two have spoken about it and you know his position, he's simply anti-OC. Fuck him.

Another thing, without training, it doesn't matter what holster you have, you can be disarmed by someone who knows better. Alot of criminals know better.

Also, do you think out of respect for the douche bag you should remove his full name from the posting?
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

You know, I don't think very much of taking what someone else may have thought was a privileged conversation and smearing it all over the internet with his name attached. That the OP has done so doesn't speak very well for either his character or common sense.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by King 5.45 View Post
    You know, I don't think very much of taking what someone else may have thought was a privileged conversation and smearing it all over the internet with his name attached. That the OP has done so doesn't speak very well for either his character or common sense.
    Agreed. It's crossing the line.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast