Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gun stolen

(Philadelphia County)

Default Gun stolen

My home was robbed The other day, and the only thing taken was a 9mm that I leave on the night stand. I have a very good idea who did it, but of course the PPD are not really willing at all to do anything about it, but did inform me almost instantly that I will lose my LTCF. I really love how they now want me to not be able to defend myself from my own gun!!!! This is probably the number one reason that people don't report them, as well as the reason that most guns used in crimes are stolen. Because they do nothing to track them down and get them off the street

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Gun stolen

This is why I carry my pistol everywhere and my rifles stay locked up. Sorry to hear that this happened to you. Sounds like someone that you know well had access to it.
    Look to the One Who is wearing what should have been your scars...

Quote Originally Posted by Pierce8468 View Post
    My home was robbed The other day, and the only thing taken was a 9mm that I leave on the night stand. I have a very good idea who did it, but of course the PPD are not really willing at all to do anything about it, but did inform me almost instantly that I will lose my LTCF. I really love how they now want me to not be able to defend myself from my own gun!!!! This is probably the number one reason that people don't report them, as well as the reason that most guns used in crimes are stolen. Because they do nothing to track them down and get them off the street
    I'm not a lawyer, but wouldn't it be possible to get a lawyer and go to court to get an injunction preventing the PPD from taking your LTCF? I mean, really, the judge has to look at the law and there is nothing in the law that says you lose your license if you're a victim of theft.

(Luzerne County)

They have ZERO legal authority to revoke you for being the victim of a theft.
    The PPD is worse than the criminals.

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pa. Patriot View Post
    They have ZERO legal authority to revoke you for being the victim of a theft.
    The PPD is worse than the criminals.
    After all, a government is rarely but an organized criminal syndicate second to none.

Let this be just another notice to everyone that this is the kind of thing that can follow a Lost and Stolen law... even when you report within 72 hours, your government will still try to ruin you. So much for just following a reasonable law, huh?

Sue the fucking cock suckers!....PLEASE!
    FUCK BIDEN

(Philadelphia County)

Why can I not see any of the replys? I also do not see this thread in the general section. I have to search my name to even see the thread

(Berks County)

You can use this link to come back to the thread:

http://forum.pafoa.org/general-2/105426-gun-stolen.html

PPD has no right to revoke your LTCF because you were the victim of a crime.

(Philadelphia County)

Now I can see all the replys.. I don't want to give out any of the details on a public forum, but it was a friend of a friend who came in.

I did not feel that they have any legal right to revoke my LTCF for this. For the love of god, I should be allowed to feel that my weapon is secure when it is in my own home.

The sad thing is they will be quick to try and revoke my LTCF, but I had to force them to even dust my home. Then they refused to dust more than just a few spots. If you ask me that is the really irresponsible thing!!!

If they do revoke it, I will speak to a civil rights attorney and see if I can sue them for it.

It is just complete bullshit that they will not only revoke my LTCF, but that they do so little even when being told who I believe stole it. They should be at this persons house with a search warrant. Instead they would rather have this gun get passed around until somebody gets killed with it!

I swear to god that if somedody dies, and I somehow find out that my gun was used as the weapon. I will go right to the relatives and let them know that the PPD could have prevented it from happening

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pierce8468 View Post
    If they do revoke it, I will speak to a civil rights attorney and see if I can sue them for it.
    Don't get the cart before the horse. You do have the right to appeal a revocation, so if you're serious about fighting, please consider that first. Failing to object to the revocation could put you in a bad starting position for any future civil action.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast