Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: buying a can

(Armstrong County)

Default buying a can

After recieving your tax stamp, can a Suppressor be mailed to the purchursher from out of state manufactors, or must it go thru an in state ffl?

Default Re: buying a can

If out of state.
    Goes to your Dealer first, then to you.

buy and Learn to run a 12" Lathe and make em yourself at $200 a pop. IMHO for what I spent on my first can I coulda bought a lathe, got a form 1 approved and made a can capable of working on anything I wanted.
    MIg/TIG welder is a + too .

Really want to make a 2 Stage can for my uzi and a Stainless steel can for my bulgy krink . ONly be $200 a piece for tax + material and man hours BUT that's the fun part

(Armstrong County)

I am a machinest, I can easialy run a lathe, the problem is that i have no blue prints or plans for one, also I want it to be quick disconnect. I want it to last a long time. And this will be my first NFA item. I would love to make one, but It would require some prints. Anyone have any?

(Armstrong County)

oh, and on a side not, i actually have the form 1 in my possion, so if i get one im confortable with, ill submit them asap

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by thetruepyromaniak View Post
    I am a machinest, I can easialy run a lathe, the problem is that i have no blue prints or plans for one, also I want it to be quick disconnect. I want it to last a long time. And this will be my first NFA item. I would love to make one, but It would require some prints. Anyone have any?
    Yeah mean like these:

Non of these are mine, found over on silencertalk.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    If the police could confiscate all of your guns and ammo using just one van, then you didn't own enough guns or ammo.
    WTB - NDS3 or NDS1 receiver FTF

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Stooperzero View Post
    If out of state.
    Goes to your Dealer first, then to you.

buy and Learn to run a 12" Lathe and make em yourself at $200 a pop. IMHO for what I spent on my first can I coulda bought a lathe, got a form 1 approved and made a can capable of working on anything I wanted.
    MIg/TIG welder is a + too .

Really want to make a 2 Stage can for my uzi and a Stainless steel can for my bulgy krink . ONly be $200 a piece for tax + material and man hours BUT that's the fun part
    Just wanted to clarify, because some people only selectively read the parts they want to, in anyones posting.

You must have your approved form one back from the BATFE with tax stamp before you start making any suppressor, including but not limited to any baffles, and or any parts that are unique to suppressors.

Don't want someone to end up behind bars because they don't fully understand what the regulation & laws are about in the NFA.

No suppressors are not hard to make, its the efficiency of the noise reduction of any home built one that prevents most people over just going out with buying a commercially produced can.

Over the last twenty years or so the suppressors have gotten more sophisticated in designs, smaller, lighter and quieter to almost Hollywood silent in lots of cases, except they still don’t work on revolvers as you see in all of the movies.

NP on the clarification.

As he said . ANY PART. Tube, End cap,Baffle ,anything.

It's not rocket science to build one.

Some of the earlier ones in the 80's could be built by a kid 2 connected tubes one fulla shoe eyelets and the other half with neoprene disks.

Just play it safe.

One reason alotta cans designs are complicated is most companies don't want their product copied by another . That's why most of them "Void Warranty" if disassembled.

(Armstrong County)

I fully understand the tax stamp.

No suppressors are not hard to make, its the efficiency of the noise reduction of any home built one that prevents most people over just going out with buying a commercially produced can.
    This is why i was asking for blueprints. I thought mabey some one would have a link to detailed blueprints that work and work well. A few flat washers weilded in a tube will help suppress, but not as well as something a bit more complex, the k baffles seem like they wont be too bad, curiouse of the other style tho, what are they?

Wipes
    Eyelets
    Washers with holes drilled in them all connected by 2 rods.
    Baffles that look like the top of a salt shaker.
    Drilled out Tube inside a tube which resides inside a larger tube covered by the main can tube
    baffle/washer with holes drilled through them in a stack

anything that can slow/cool down that escaping gas for a split second works.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast