Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: PA Militia?

(Philadelphia County)

Cool Re: PA Militia?

Yeah the PA militia website will do that. It's a wee bit paramilitary scary but I guess the guys have their hearts in the right place. But seeing the government lately i have a feeling Obama would lable them as a Terrorist Organization if they did anything too organized lol

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: PA Militia?

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Do you have anything with somewhat more detail than that?

Because it would be a clear 1st Amendment violation to forbid American citizens from associating without criminal intent. I know that the Patriot Act does in fact ignore various aspect of the Bill of Rights and it exceeds the enumerated powers, but is there any basis to believe that a gun club can at some point violate Federal law if it characterizes "training" as "militia-related"?

And we are all (or most of us are) in the unorganized militia, so "being a militia member" has no pejorative meaning under current law. I believe the age and gender restrictions on membership have probably been superseded by statute, so it's likely that any person 18 to 70 or so is a "militiaman". Or "militiaperson".
    I came across this...

--- WHAT THE CONSTITUTION SAYS ---
    --- WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT THE US PATRIOT ACT ---

US Constitution
    Amendment IV: The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Patriot Act:
    Freedom from unreasonable searches: The government may search and seize Americans' papers and effects without probable cause to assist terror investigation.

US Constitution
    Amendment VI: In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the state and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the assistance of counsel for his defense.

Patriot Act:
    Right to a speedy and public trial: The government may jail Americans indefinitely without a trial .

US Constitution
    Amendment I: Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Patriot Act:
    Freedom of association: To assist terror investigation, the government may monitor religious and political institutions without suspecting criminal activity.

US Constitution
    Amendment VI: ... to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the assistance of counsel for his defense.

Patriot Act:
    Right to legal representation: The government may monitor conversations between attorneys and clients in federal prisons and deny lawyers to Americans accused of crimes.

US Constitution
    Amendment I: Congress shall make no law ... abridging the freedom of speech ...

Patriot act:
    Freedom of speech: The government may prosecute librarians or keepers of any other records if they tell anyone the government subpoenaed information related to a terror investigation.

US Constituion
    Amendment VI: ... to be confronted with the witnesses against him ...

Patriot Act:
    Right to liberty: Americans may be jailed without being charged or being able to confront witnesses against them. US citizens (labeled "unlawful combatants") have been held incommunicado and refused attorneys

http://www.scn.org/ccapa/pa-vs-const.html
    If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words.

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Dividian Militia?

Quote Originally Posted by LongOneShortOne View Post
    An un-organized -- at least un-documented -- militia of 2,000 ~ 3,000 BOB-carrying hunters, trappers, and fishermen would fare much better than Waco. And even there there was an in-sider to ruin the whole Branch's meaning. (Of FREEDOM, not pederasty.) If the grape-vine states the need, and I reach out to TWO friends, and each of them touch TWO more friends, soon we'll be ready for the JBTs if they arrive. Just a few "like-minded" freedom-loving, and willing-to-stand-up-for-it believers would soon stanch the flow, if not turn the tide of oppressive Zombie forces. L1S1
    Well said...

Default Militia-Person?

How about "Militia-one"; it stands for a lot more than it says. L-one; S-one.
    "1"starts the Militia; you are not alone but fight as though you are.

Quote Originally Posted by JIDinPhilly View Post
    I came across this...

--- WHAT THE CONSTITUTION SAYS ---
    --- WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT THE US PATRIOT ACT ---

US Constitution
    Amendment IV: The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Patriot Act:
    Freedom from unreasonable searches: The government may search and seize Americans' papers and effects without probable cause to assist terror investigation.

US Constitution
    Amendment VI: In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the state and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the assistance of counsel for his defense.

Patriot Act:
    Right to a speedy and public trial: The government may jail Americans indefinitely without a trial .

US Constitution
    Amendment I: Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Patriot Act:
    Freedom of association: To assist terror investigation, the government may monitor religious and political institutions without suspecting criminal activity.

US Constitution
    Amendment VI: ... to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the assistance of counsel for his defense.

Patriot Act:
    Right to legal representation: The government may monitor conversations between attorneys and clients in federal prisons and deny lawyers to Americans accused of crimes.

US Constitution
    Amendment I: Congress shall make no law ... abridging the freedom of speech ...

Patriot act:
    Freedom of speech: The government may prosecute librarians or keepers of any other records if they tell anyone the government subpoenaed information related to a terror investigation.

US Constituion
    Amendment VI: ... to be confronted with the witnesses against him ...

Patriot Act:
    Right to liberty: Americans may be jailed without being charged or being able to confront witnesses against them. US citizens (labeled "unlawful combatants") have been held incommunicado and refused attorneys

http://www.scn.org/ccapa/pa-vs-const.html

best example I have ever heard for why the patriot act is so F**ked up. I actually used to believe in it after 9/11 but the more I think about it the more I see wrong with it.

Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by bluedog46 View Post
    best example I have ever heard for why the patriot act is so F**ked up. I actually used to believe in it after 9/11 but the more I think about it the more I see wrong with it.
    The government seems to be moving farther and farther away from telling people what things like this are really about. Media filters suck! Just reading it for oneself should be the way to go! Many of President Lincoln's wartime executive orders were basically the Patriot Act of the 19th century. One can argue for or against that as well, however, that time of war was definitely more tangible and much closer to home.
    ...and they have a plan...

(Pike County)

I don't really see any riots in our area. Merely bunch of bums kidding themselves.
    Je suis déplorable

(Schuylkill County)

As others have Posted: A organized milita would be under constant attack from the media trying anthing they can to make you sound like loons. With out a clear leader and organizer we would be seen as nothing more than an armed mob. Not Good. For me I'll wait till when and if the SHTF and then Play LMOE last man on earth. Protect and feed my family, Give food and shelter to those who ask, And for those who want to take or think the deserve it because I have more. All I can say to them is (Wear a helmet its gonna leave a mark.)

(Dauphin County)

The militia is called to quell insurrection and rebellion. Their thinking differently than you, or the government, does not call for the militia, nor does peaceful assembly, or even a spat of petty crimes by the assemblers, or even riots. The militia is reserved for use to uphold the law when normal law enforcement officers are no longer capable or equipped. At least, I think that's how history goes...

(Centre County)

Agreed. I'm just bringing it up for when these isolated protests become little revolutions that interfere with normal life.
    Hunting is NOT a 2nd Amendment Activity

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast