Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: PA Militia?

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: PA Militia?

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    I cover this in my Firearms Law Workshops.

PA's law does NOT prevent you from forming your own militia, training with weapons, or otherwise preparing for zombies and Cuban paratroopers.

What it DOES prohibit is training with bombs and weapons for the purpose of facilitating a civil disorder.

(b) Prohibited training.--

(1) Whoever teaches or demonstrates to any other person the use, application or making of any firearm, explosive or incendiary device or technique capable of causing injury or death to persons, knowing or having reason to know or intending that same will be unlawfully employed for use in, or in furtherance of, a civil disorder commits a misdemeanor of the first degree.
    (2) Whoever assembles with one or more persons for the purpose of training with, practicing with or being instructed in the use of any firearm, explosive or incendiary device or technique capable of causing injury or death to persons, said person intending to employ unlawfully the same for use in or in furtherance of a civil disorder commits a misdemeanor of the first degree.
    I realize that's how the law is written. I just don't really trust the government to not trump up the idea that you're doing something you shouldn't in your private militia.

Was it you that said normally the government plant in such things is the guy with access to the explosives, time tables and such?
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Lehigh County)

The .gov can/will paint any person or group with whatever brush they choose if they deem you a threat. The idiotic thing is that people are drawn to the idea of a militia to stop government usurpation of liberty, to which the government responds by further clamping down on liberty. Madness. The quickest, surest way to deflate the desire to rebel is to stop doing all the dumb shit that pisses every law abiding liberty loving citizen off.

That said, there's plenty of room to organize in and under the auspices of preparedness for natural disasters and such. I would say if there were to be a group with a mix of average Joes, business owners, first responders, etc., there would be a smaller chance of suspicion by big mother, especially if some of the leadership is made up of people they believe to be "on their side".
    The last thing I want to do is hurt you... but believe me, it's on the damned list.

(Lancaster County)

It is kind of humorous that a country founded under a revolution would outlaw and criminalize such same act...

(Lawrence County)

Quote Originally Posted by PowerPM View Post
    It is kind of humorous that a country founded under a revolution would outlaw and criminalize such same act...
    Honestly a lot of our country's foundings dont mean shit anymore..........
    I't ain't braggin if you can do it !

Organizing sort of defeats the purpose of being the "unorganized militia", doesn't it?

If the Martians attack, i'll meet you all at the Liberty Bell.

(Lancaster County)

I think that what the government did to the Branch Davidians is more than enough proof that they'll go to any extent to demonize anyone that they perceive as a threat.

It won't matter one iota if you were just preparing for a disaster, that isn't what the media will report, and chances are you won't have the ability to get the truth out when you're surrounded by the goons.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Exactly my friend.

Default Dividian Militia?

An un-organized -- at least un-documented -- militia of 2,000 ~ 3,000 BOB-carrying hunters, trappers, and fishermen would fare much better than Waco. And even there there was an in-sider to ruin the whole Branch's meaning. (Of FREEDOM, not pederasty.) If the grape-vine states the need, and I reach out to TWO friends, and each of them touch TWO more friends, soon we'll be ready for the JBTs if they arrive. Just a few "like-minded" freedom-loving, and willing-to-stand-up-for-it believers would soon stanch the flow, if not turn the tide of oppressive Zombie forces. L1S1
    "1"starts the Militia; you are not alone but fight as though you are.

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    I realize that's how the law is written. I just don't really trust the government to not trump up the idea that you're doing something you shouldn't in your private militia.

Was it you that said normally the government plant in such things is the guy with access to the explosives, time tables and such?
    Yeah, that's some wisdom from the 1960's, that the FBI had an unlimited supply of infiltrators, and without the infiltrators, most "cadres" wouldn't have done anything except talk. It was the government agents who tried to light the fuse, called the pacifists "pussies" and "traitors", ridiculed anyone who wasn't eager to shed blood in the name of "liberty" and "freedom". The most hard-core "freedom lovers" who made no compromise with the "fascists" in Washington were always the guys who provided their FBI handlers with detailed notes of every meeting.

I expect that we still have those sorts among us. They aren't hard to spot, although the genuinely crazy mofos look pretty much the same as them.

If I were organizing a group, I wouldn't call it a "militia", I wouldn't post out-of-context quotes from the Founders, I wouldn't have uniforms or camo. No blue-helmeted paper range targets. Just a group of Americans in jeans and T-shirts and hiking boots, with rifles and pistols and basic survival gear, practicing marksmanship and maybe some crowd control. You can train to deal with civil unrest, you just can't plan "unlawful" acts. So everybody buys a baton and a ballistic shield and a PASGT helmet with riot-control visor, and the group practices shoulder-to-shoulder crowd suppression instead of marching like toy soldiers. You learn all about bombs so you can defuse one in a pinch. You learn about sniper tactics, in case some a-hole sniper sets up during the next blackout and you want some insight in where they're likely to be positioned. And if riots break out, the civil authorities have you to assist them. What could be more patriotic than that?

You can train to work as a team in lots of ways.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Fayette County)

Default Re: Dividian Militia?

If you do get a group together the first thing you do is totally get rid of the word "Militia"

The left wing media has a field day with that word.

What you do is name it something that sounds more PC.

Like "Volunteer Citizens Defense Organization"The next step you do is make it perfectly clear that you welcome people from all religions and all races.

That immediately takes away any of the left wing "white supremacists" ammunition they would use against you.

The 3rd thing you do is elect a leader who is educated, well spoken and doesn't weigh 300 pounds and is on state assistance.

The 4th thing you do is wear respectable civilian clothes or a polo shirt with your logo on it while out in public and during NON-tactical training.

Once those 4 things are accomplished, the general public will be at ease with you around. And when they see you volunteering at different charities and fundraisers, you will have built a lot of respect and credibility.

You can do all of those things and still stand up for liberty and preserving the "Militia".
    "One must be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves” ~ Machiavelli

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast