Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: PA Militia?

(Dauphin County)

Default Re: PA Militia?

Quote Originally Posted by Swarner793 View Post
    This is incorrect, or, at least, an incomplete summation on the law. Paramilitary training is not unlawful unless it is for, essentially, unlawful purposes. The actual law reads:

(b) Prohibited training.--
    (1) Whoever teaches or demonstrates to any other person the use, application or making of any firearm, explosive or incendiary device or technique capable of causing injury or death to persons, knowing or having reason to know or intending that same will be unlawfully employed for use in, or in furtherance of, a civil disorder commits a misdemeanor of the first degree.
    (2) Whoever assembles with one or more persons for the purpose of training with, practicing with or being instructed in the use of any firearm, explosive or incendiary device or technique capable of causing injury or death to persons, said person intending to employ unlawfully the same for use in or in furtherance of a civil disorder commits a misdemeanor of the first degree.

I know of a few Militia Units within 50 miles of Lycoming County. Not all of them are the run around the woods shooting trees type. One in Schuykill County, 54th Logistics, do not even really do any shooting. They have a couple mobile kitchens and medical tents. Lots of food and water capabilities. I know many professionals that are affiliated with Militias.

To the uninformed, and those that get their information from the Main Stream Media, there is a misperception of what the Militia is. Sure, there are the whackers you see on TV, but I assure you, there are many more that are not. The 41st INF here in Lycoming County is made up of many Veterans. The last gathering, one fellow, a member on here showed up bearing a Veterans Exempt Flag, which makes sense. http://www.warof1812trail.com/veterans-exempt-flag.htm This same member is bringing in a Cardiac Surgeon, so, again, there are all types. Most membership is done by personal referral.

There are lots of organizations, you just have to network.

Be safe (and well regulated).

Scott
    Ding ding ding - winner.

+1

(York County)

Mind-controlled by PSYOPS much? The attitudes here toward militia seem nothing short of mind-control, because all we're talking about is a little training of things like: storage, neighborhood policing, and basic military tactics for the defense of our well being in case of emergency, which the consequences for failing to do may be extremely severe. There's basically 2 choices. Be a force to be reckoned, or be a defenseless. I'm willing to bet that police would secretly support the first choice. Last I saw most cops see no sense in AWBs. If we had militia to defend our hoes, and our way of life it would be something for those who play the role of military, and police to be proud of at the end of everyday. Till then we must fight against the main stream media which portrays any thing to do with guns as if its the core of mass murder.

Quote Originally Posted by edstephan View Post
    I haven't rebuilt the site when I upgraded the servers. There was no intrest in http://www.1stpa-militia.net or some of the other sites. Yes I still have the database with all the info. If you want it rebuilt I'll give you what you need to rebuild. Yes, I own the servers.

An OC Activist and 1 of the 3%
    Ed Stephan
    I'm glad to make your acquaintance even though things didn't work out with that site. I always wondered what the hell was going on there. I assumed I wasn't cool enough to join up.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Totez View Post
    Ding ding ding - winner.

+1
    Thanks M8.
    I knew all this, but for the sake of tact, didn't eant to correct. The rrespondent doesn't sound like a fan of the right to form a militia.

I'm really just looking for information and to find an organization that is well run and prepared for the unthinkable. Without all the anti-government, new world order rhetoric. I'm beginning to think that is a tough billet to fill.

Thanks for the information thus far guys.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by HUHwhat View Post
    If we had militia to defend our hoes, and our way of life it would be something for those who play the role of military, and police to be proud of at the end of everyday.
    Sorry, I couldn't help myself. I laughed out loud when I read this.
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    I saw this URL and the only thing I saw was Pasta Defense Force.

I could defend the shit outta some pasta. And then eat it.
    When in doubt, knifehand!

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by JoshIronshaft View Post
    Sorry, I couldn't help myself. I laughed out loud when I read this.
    I choose to leave it that way. Fucking best typo ever!

(Westmoreland County)

Fine as long as you don't get any "new" members who are really vocal about "doing something".

The "Viper Militia" got into trouble when one of their new members, an under cover agent who worked as a Wildlife Conservation Officer, got them hauled into court.

They were busted with a lot of illegal stuff. Did some time for it.

(Westmoreland County)

Still recall being pitched to join some local Militia outfit.

I said to them, "You realize that the day that the balloon goes up that you'll be rounded up first?".

He turned walked away.

(York County)

he group's stockpile of
    unregistered submachine guns, over 500 pounds of ammonium nitrate fertilizer, an "adapter for a grenade launcher," a riot smoke grenade, dynamite, detonation cord, gas masks, body armor, a machine gun, 550-yard range rockets, and how-to manuals for grenade launchers and propellants.

All of that was seized by the Feds
    Certainly you're purposing this what militias do, and that's not true unless you generalize as bad as a music genre.

Militia should be kept at the low-key minimum of small groups. This way the fuck ups only hurt themselves, and the cells can unite only when necessary. If people would work together there's a lot of potential for more to get done. Check out Sweden, because they do this to an extent.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by HUHwhat View Post
    Mind-controlled by PSYOPS much? The attitudes here toward militia seem nothing short of mind-control, because all we're talking about is a little training of things like: storage, neighborhood policing, and basic military tactics for the defense of our well being in case of emergency, which the consequences for failing to do may be extremely severe. There's basically 2 choices. Be a force to be reckoned, or be a defenseless. I'm willing to bet that police would secretly support the first choice. Last I saw most cops see no sense in AWBs. If we had militia to defend our hoes, and our way of life it would be something for those who play the role of military, and police to be proud of at the end of everyday. Till then we must fight against the main stream media which portrays any thing to do with guns as if its the core of mass murder.
    This is all very romantic but under what authority would these armed "militias" operate? I see tremendous opportunity for unsanctioned "militias" to abuse their power. History bears this out.

If a group of armed men show up in my neighborhood or community claiming to be the "militia", and try to tell me "what's what", or "how it's going to be", we're gong to have a serious disagreement.

I really need someone to explain to me what constraints or safeguards would be in place to prevent an armed "militia" from imposing their will by force of arms.

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast