Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default local beer distributor OC

Went to my local beer distributor and was OCing to pick up a case. One of the workers was outside having a cig and kinda gave me a look. Went right into the fridge and got my beer and brought it to the counter.

I'll make it short:

2nd employee: ringing me up asked if I was a cop.
    Me:I replied no
    2nd: well you can't carry like that
    Me: actually i can
    2nd: well your not a cop so let me see your license, your only allowed to conceal.
    me: showed him my LTCF and asked him where it says I have to conceal? Then told him that you can OC and gave him all the details and how you don't even have to have a LTCF
    2nd: well I used to carry and I don't think its legal unless they changed the law. All the jobs I used to work when someone was OCing like you are I would kick them out. Don't worry though you are fine though.

We then discussed it a little bit and told him i'll drop off some info next time I come in. I told him i'll conceal carry if it make him comfortable when I come in next time and he said I didn't need to do that.

I think it went well for my first encounter. I had a feeling I was going to have an issue when I went in there for some reason. I'll start carrying the tri-fold on me after this.

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: local beer distributor OC

So its against the law, but your ok.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

Quote Originally Posted by normanvin View Post
    So its against the law, but your ok.
    yeah, he wasn't sure about the law and seemed to believe me more after I talked to him. He might of been agreeing with me so he didn't loss a customer. He told me he used to carry and just wasn't sure about OCing.

"let me see your license"
    why do people ask this...what are they gona do if you don't have one? arrest you?

Question: "Let me see your license?" Answer : No! Are YOU a cop? I wouldn't have shown him anything.. What's it to him? He has no authority to ask such a question. If he dosen't show you the respect of being a paying customer I would take my beer business elsewhere and tell all my friends to do the same.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Defender View Post
    Question: "Let me see your license?" Answer : No! Are YOU a cop? I wouldn't have shown him anything.. What's it to him? He has no authority to ask such a question. If he dosen't show you the respect of being a paying customer I would take my beer business elsewhere and tell all my friends to do the same.
    With all due respect, he turned a negative encounter into a pseudo-positive one by being friendly with the guy. I'm sure he's well aware of his rights.

Sometimes it's better to take that risk and be open instead of being a dick about the deal, which would turn the clerk super defensive right away and give a bad name to other OCers.

If asked that question, I personally would have said: "There's no such thing as a license to OC in PA." That way I'm not being defensive, but still being informative to the guy. This would probably allow for further questions after also.

(Northampton County)

I'm going to jump in & agree with the last 2 posters. I would not be showing my LTCF to any Joe Blow who asked to see it. AND....that's no way for an employee to talk to a customer.

Hypotheical situation.......
    Him: OC is not legal.
    Me: You're misimformed.
    Him: You need a "permit" for that. Do you have one??
    Me: I do but unless you're a cop it's none of your business.
    Him: Show me a "permit".
    Me: Go f*#k yourself.

I think I should continue to CC as I would be a poor representive of gun owners if I OCed. My hats off to all you OCers who deal with stupid questions & know it all assholes.....and are still polite & civil. I don't know if I could do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Conglomeration Al View Post
    With all due respect, he turned a negative encounter into a pseudo-positive one by being friendly with the guy. I'm sure he's well aware of his rights.

Sometimes it's better to take that risk and be open instead of being a dick about the deal, which would turn the clerk super defensive right away and give a bad name to other OCers.

If asked that question, I personally would have said: "There's no such thing as a license to OC in PA." That way I'm not being defensive, but still being informative to the guy. This would probably allow for further questions after also.
    Ok, so I'll phrase it better. Him: (As related in the post) " well you're not a cop so let me see your license, your only allowed to conceal." Me: On the contrary my good friend, I am totally within my rights according to the Constitution of the State of Pa. For more information you can go to a great website at PAFOA.org. And no, you may not see my LTCF. Have a nice day!

(Philadelphia County)

Was he the owner or just a cashier? If not the owner a phone call might be in order to let the owner know this guy is potentially chasing away good business in a down economy,

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Defender View Post
    Ok, so I'll phrase it better. Him: (As related in the post) " well you're not a cop so let me see your license, your only allowed to conceal." Me: On the contrary my good friend, I am totally within my rights according to the Constitution of the State of Pa. For more information you can go to a great website at PAFOA.org. And no, you may not see my LTCF. Have a nice day!
    Everyone loves a smartass...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast