Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default What is it about the CZ's, that make them practically shoot themselves?

It's not the strictly the weight, because I do as well with my SP-01 Phantom, as I do with my CZ-75B. It's not the sights, because I replaced the stock sights on the SP-01 with Meprolight tritium sights. But, though I do okay with my Glock 19, and the other pistols I have (others are not 9mm), I do dramatically better with either of the two CZ's. Balance? Trigger? I don't know, but there are times that I think I should sell everything else, and collect only CZ's.
    "I don't care what went wrong. I beat the snot out of it until it works" - Clint Smith

(Monroe County)

Default Re: What is it about the CZ's, that make them practically shoot themselves?

THey were designed in the 1970's by Human beings who have actually seen a human hand (to quote Micheal Bane about the Sig 220) they were not designed on a CAD program, just a BHP or 1911, Jeff cooper said the CZ 75 is the only 9mm Worth carrying, Coming from the Colonel that is saying a lot.

Great Guns, i have 6 myself.
    Here is my CZ75 stainless dresssed out in Hogue's

http://img39.imageshack.us/i/cz75sta...ithhoguek.jpg/
    Last edited by mrnyman; July 9th, 2010 at 11:48 PM.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: What is it about the CZ's, that make them practically shoot themselves?

Quote Originally Posted by mrnyman View Post
    THey were designed in the 1970's by Human beings who have actually seen a human hand (to quote Micheal Bane about the Sig 220) they were not designed on a CAD program, just a BHP or 1911, Jeff cooper said the CZ 75 is the only 9mm Worth carrying, Coming from the Colonel that is saying a lot.

nice wood.

here's mine:
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

(Monroe County)

Thanks Andews, nice gun yourself, the CZ's are really a lot of gun for the money when you think about, i mean they can really stand thier own with Berretas and Sigs , which i also owns.

Nyman

(Montgomery County)

Absolutely beautiful! That makes sense, because they really do seem to have the best grip, best balance, and IMO, best managed recoil.
    "I don't care what went wrong. I beat the snot out of it until it works" - Clint Smith

Guns that shoot themselves; an anti's dream.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by electronics View Post
    Haha. I probably should have re-phrased that to say: "Guns that shoot better than I do".

(Montgomery County)

Thanks Andews, nice gun yourself, the CZ's are really a lot of gun for the money when you think about, i mean they can really stand thier own with Berretas and Sigs , which i also owns.

Nyman
    I am neutral on CZ, personally, but just for the sake of discussion, here is another opinion, also based on experience:

http://pistol-training.com/archives/3218

Todd puts LOTS of rounds downrange, and I've not noticed him ever really being a blatant fan boy of one make or another - Which is why I found this entry to be very interesting...

Just thought I'd add the other side... I think CZ makes a great handgun at a reasonable price, FWIW..

Regards,

Bones

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by electronics View Post
    Do these guns go off without human intervention or are they more prone to suicide than other weapons? Just kidding.

I am a big fan of the CZ. Once I scrape up enough cash I am planning on purchasing my brother's CZ. It is a great shooter.
    Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you. -Andrew Wilkow

(Monroe County)

i finally got to fondle a CZ today at work that someone had brought it. it was a great feeling gun. didnt shoot it, but it felt great. dont recall what model it was tho.... but the gun was nice. but not as nice as the BAR that another guy had brought in
    Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast