Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default This flashlight combo may just save your life

http://www.nationaloutdoors.net/comp...LASHLIGHT.html

I bought one myself at Shooter's Bench in Russellton for $17. It has constant beam of light, laser sight, strobe, and if you hold down it flashes SOS and keeps the laser on while doing so. Not to mention it has the "castled or meat grinder" end making it a last line of defense item.

(Franklin County)

Default Re: This flashlight combo may just save your life

how bright is it. I really don't understnad the ratings .. On a scale of 1 - 10 ten being the brightest. what would you rate it?
    In God We Trust............................

(Washington County)

I would gander that it is a step above a keychail light.. so.. a 3? maybe?

Looks like a crappy light that you would get at the checkout at the aurostore counter. no offence, but the $15 3w LED lights at walmart look like good surefires in comparison to these.

Handy to have laying around for if you have to change a tire.. maybe. It will have decent battery life, but mainly because it cant tax the batteries all that much, because it cant put out the lumens.

(Ultra bright isnt a rating)

I'll look for some good cost efective lights that I have found from a few places. Best thing you can do is look for ones that run on a Cree LED. There is a world of difference between a cheapo light, and a good flashlight. Like skateboard vs a nice new pickup truck difference.

(Venango County)

If you want good quality, powerful lights for a decent price, I suggest www.shiningbeam.com I carry the ITP A1 every day and it is just an amazing little light for it's size.

(Wyoming County)

As long as it is reliable and works well its a good light. I love my surefire light, but I don't think it is "needed."

(Allegheny County)

I will say its actually brighter than my 3 D-cell Mag Lite Led if that helps you

(Wyoming County)

That sounds like a good cheap light. Let me know how it takes some abuse you can't have enough flashlights.

(Allegheny County)

I would not suggest any light with:

Rear Tactical Multi-function Button giving you the power to switch the function while maintaining constant control of the flashlight. 1 Click for LED light, 2 clicks for Laser Pointer, 3 clicks for Emergency Flasher Function. Press and hold for 4 seconds to activate the LEDs and laser in a S.O.S. flash sequence
    to be used in a life and death encounter.

I have found it is hard enough to deal with 2 settings on a tail click while shooting, IDing targets, moving, navigating, ect, without the stress of a sudden violent encounter with a determined adversary.
    I prefer a single function light for EDC. Personally I like a Surefire L4, but some of the offerings at shiningbeam are nice. Find one that fits your hand, can be easily manipulated, is small enough to carry all the time, ect ect ect.

To be clear, a very useful falshlight technique while working with a firearm is the "flashbulb". What you do is illuminate just enough long enough to ID the threat, or manuver and then LIGHT OFF and move and engage. Working the light on and off like this "flashing" will inevitabley be you working in and around 500 useless functions. SOS ?

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn.L View Post
    I would not suggest any light with:

to be used in a life and death encounter.

I have found it is hard enough to deal with 2 settings on a tail click while shooting, IDing targets, moving, navigating, ect, without the stress of a sudden violent encounter with a determined adversary.
    I prefer a single function light for EDC. Personally I like a Surefire L4, but some of the offerings at shiningbeam are nice. Find one that fits your hand, can be easily manipulated, is small enough to carry all the time, ect ect ect.

To be clear, a very useful falshlight technique while working with a firearm is the "flashbulb". What you do is illuminate just enough long enough to ID the threat, or manuver and then LIGHT OFF and move and engage. Working the light on and off like this "flashing" will inevitabley be you working in and around 500 useless functions. SOS ?
    Makes you wonder why all good weaponlights only have two modes: ON and OFF...
    Jeff Cooper was a huge supporter of gun games, when he was winning them at least...

(Venango County)

The ITP A1 I suggested is certainly not a tactical light, but is a very nice little pocket or keychain carry light.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast