Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Have YOU ever had to use your concealed pistol in self defense?

Title says it all; have you ever had to use your concealed pistol in a self defense situation? When I say use, I mean this- you were forced to draw your weapon in a self defense situation, whether or not you were forced to fire is a different story. I am curios because I have a few friends who were robbed in Philadelphia, if they had a firearm on them I'm sure the situation would have been ended quite differently.
    "We must all hang together, or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately." -Benjamin Franklin

M91/30 ~ Stag 15 Model 2

(Venango County)

Default Re: Have YOU ever had to use your concealed pistol in self defense?

Would you like a whole boatload of NO's, or rather just have people that have had to? 99.9% of the people here would probably be a No...

Glock Pistols.......So simple a Caveman could fix them!

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by markheck1 View Post
    Would you like a whole boatload of NO's, or rather just have people that have had to? 99.9% of the people here would probably be a No...
    i guess the better phrasing of that would be then "if you've ever had to use (or at least draw) your weapon in self defense, tell your story"

(Venango County)

Yep..that would be it

Glock Pistols.......So simple a Caveman could fix them!

(Chester County)

I am just wondering if anyone has ever had to...
    "We must all hang together, or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately." -Benjamin Franklin

M91/30 ~ Stag 15 Model 2

(Bucks County)

hmmmm...not sure i know the answer to that. People "use" their concealed pistols everyday. By "using" i mean, carrying it concealed to be able to protect themselves. I dont know people would really want to share everything you are asking for...but i may be wrong.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by tec View Post
    Title says it all; have you ever had to use your concealed pistol in a self defense situation? When I say use, I mean this- you were forced to draw your weapon in a self defense situation, whether or not you were forced to fire is a different story. I am curios because I have a few friends who were robbed in Philadelphia, if they had a firearm on them I'm sure the situation would have been ended quite differently.
    Yes.

In response to an attempted carjacking near Temple about 5 or 6 years ago. He approached with a bat, I began my draw, he threw his hands up in the air, bugged out his eyes, and ran like a fucking track star.
    The material presented herein is for informational purposes only, is not guaranteed to be correct, complete, or up to date, does not constitute legal advice and does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You should NOT act or rely on any information in this post or e-mail without seeking the advice of an attorney YOU have retained.

In plain English, while I am an attorney, I'm NOT your attorney, and I'm NOT giving you legal advice.

(Lehigh County)

I had one minor incident maybe 4 years ago. I apparently cut someone off changing lanes. He was very irate and eventually got out of his car, dug around under his seat and came running up along side of the concrete media barrier towards my work van window with a cylindrical, black object in his hand. I was trapped by cars in front and to my right at a stop light.
    I drew a PPK/S from a SmartCarry holster and placed it on my belly, watching this angry young guy charging towards me. He stopped short when he saw my weapon, now up on my chest, he flicked open an ASP (?) and ran back to his buddies in the car.
    He followed me into Home Cheapo, but I turned off onto a side road assuming he was going to continue the attack. (I didn't want innocents hurt.)
    He parked at the entrance to the side road and waited for me and called 911 to report a " man with a gun". I did not call, as I should have as the victim.
    The police stopped me, blocking the lane of the main road, I followed the officer's instructions. The "punk" stopped his Jeep to laugh and I pointed him out the the now 9 or 10 cops surrounding me, saying "Officer, there is the guy who pulled a weapon on me."
    They were asked to exit their vehicle and kneel on the sidewalk with their hands behind their heads, I was sitting in the back of a patrol car. The LEO's searched his vehicle and arrested him for having an illegal weapon/instrument (?) of crime, the ASP, also for aggravated assault.
    A limo driver stopped and corroborated my story.
    I had my pistol and ammo returned and was allowed to go on my way after filing a "victim's report".
    Veritas Vos Liberat

(Chester County)

LastManOut

That's too awesome!

And a great lesson about when to call the police.
    The material presented herein is for informational purposes only, is not guaranteed to be correct, complete, or up to date, does not constitute legal advice and does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You should NOT act or rely on any information in this post or e-mail without seeking the advice of an attorney YOU have retained.

In plain English, while I am an attorney, I'm NOT your attorney, and I'm NOT giving you legal advice.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast