Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default CC Pistol for girlfriend

Hi everyone. I found a keeper
    She is turning 21 in september and is 110% sold on not only owning and shooting her own pistol but carrying everyday. Took her to the range to shoot my keltec pf9 and sig p228. No surprises, she LOVES the p228. I'd really like to get her into a sig, but the P228 and P229 seem a little on the large size for her to conceal. (She's a pretty thin girl.) Even the P239 seems a little too big, and I don't want her to get a P238 because I am not at all a fan of .380.
    She didn't mind the Pf9, but it wasn't exactly comfortable for her to shoot. (It isn't for me either haha).
    She seemed interested in a P250 since they offer the subcompact and compact versions of it which would be a lot easier to conceal than a 228 or 229. It is a little thick though.
    So does anyone know if it'd be hard for her to CC a p250?
    How is the p250 reliability wise? I've heard they have great sights and outstanding triggers from the factory.
    Any info is appreciated!
    Edit: fyi, she wants to carry IWB and not off body/purse. She's about 5'4" and 110 lbs.

Default Re: CC Pistol for girlfriend

BTW, we're now thinking more in the PF-9 range. Anyone have any experience with the lesser priced Kahr's? They're so similar in size to the PF-9, but I'd immagine the trigger is about a million times better.

(Monroe County)

Where do I get me one of these keepers?
    Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets.

good luck... this one's honestly one of a kind hahaha. I'm really lucky to have her in my life, i hope i never screw it up

(Chester County)

My suggestion is to take her to several gun shops and let her handle as many pistols as she wants. Have her hold revolvers too. Find the one that fits her.

She will know.

Then see if you can find somwhere to rent it to shoot.

Then... start saving your pennies. Also... don't rule out buying a used one.
    Μολὼν λάβε

(Monroe County)

as much as i dont really care for the gun, have her check out the Ruger SR9 and the compact version if she wants to carry. its very light, and thinner than most guns out there that have the same mag capacity. normally i would never recommend that gun tho.
    Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets.

Take a look at what Bersa's are available in your local gun store. She'll love 'em!

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by rovert97 View Post
    as much as i dont really care for the gun, have her check out the Ruger SR9 and the compact version if she wants to carry. its very light, and thinner than most guns out there that have the same mag capacity. normally i would never recommend that gun tho.
    FWIW the SR9 was the only slide my girlfriend could actually rack with some ease.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Philadelphia County)

I carry a Ruger .38 LCR. LOVE IT. I can wear it with a skirt, shorts or jeans. It doesnt have that annoying little habit of popping out of the holster everytime I move. Easy to conceal under tshirts and tanks.

Has a little bite to it at the range, but when it comes down to it, if I have to use it to defend myself, the bite is the last thing I'm going to be worried about

Quote Originally Posted by PisnNapalm View Post
    My suggestion is to take her to several gun shops and let her handle as many pistols as she wants. Have her hold revolvers too. Find the one that fits her.

She will know.
    ^This. When my wife decided she wanted a gun, we spent a whole Saturday traveling to different shops so she could handle as many as possible. I had some input, of course, but she made the decision on which one she wanted.

So a few days later, for her birthday I got her a S&W 642. For my birthday, a few months later, she got me a pair of f-ing Crocks!
    "It's hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
    Thomas Sowell

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast