Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Man hit with rock while on ATV

I know 2 wrongs don't make a right but its hard for me to not be happy that this guy got nailed

Around here 4 wheelers are a MASSIVE issue, they very rarely obey stop signs or rules of the road, they aren't legal to be on the roads in the first place, and people find it fun to speed up and down the roads at all hours of the night. Sounds like that is exactly what this guy was doing, driving around at night on the road when the home owner got pissed

http://www.poconorecord.com/apps/pbc...NEWS/100709887

A Tunkhannock Township man was cited for harassment on Friday after he reportedly threw a rock at a man riding past his house on an ATV around 11:30 p.m., according to Pocono Mountain Regional Police.

The victim told police that as he was riding his ATV past the home of Carlos Delacuesta, 51, on July 2 when the homeowner threw a rock that hit the ATV rider in the neck. Police were called to the home on Mailbox Road in the Warkes Acres development and Delacuesta was cited for harassment.
    and yeah, I would have loved to see the ATV rider get a citation as well
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Wayne County)

Default Re: Man hit with rock while on ATV

Just noticed this.

I say "Good for him!" He deserved it. Riding a quad around at 2330 hrs. Inconsiderate nimrod! Not to mention, I have no idea where he was legally riding the quad at, mailbox road isn't that big. The guy on the quad is probably one of the schmucks who ride on Bethlehem Authority property and Nature Conservancy property.

I don't wish them harm but, a broken axle and a long, difficult push home would have a ring of karma to it.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

...threw a rock and hit someone in the neck....and was only charged with Harassment? What about Assault? he got off easy!

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by ProShooter View Post
    ...threw a rock and hit someone in the neck....and was only charged with Harassment? What about Assault? he got off easy!
    Probably because the dude on the quad should not have been on the road to begin with so they had to write him up for something.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kramer View Post
    Probably because the dude on the quad should not have been on the road to begin with so they had to write him up for something.
    yeah I'm sure there was some "so you were illegally riding a 4 wheeler after 11:30 pm on a public road and you've been riding back and forth for how long to piss off all the people enough to come out and see you... and you got hit with a rock that there is no proof he threw at you..."
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Westmoreland County)

None of you were there, you know none of the facts about this incident, nor do you know the people involved.

Anytime the letters "ATV" appear, you get all worked up and because of some bad apples, you wish all "ATV" riders would roll over and break their necks.

Grow up. Know the facts. Or continue to post your fantasy land thoughts and know that you are what you post.

Dave

(Allegheny County)

I've wanted to do this so many times to my asshole neighbors that insist on riding their ATV's and motocross bikes through my property. And I live in the suburbs of Pittsburgh.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by DavidTM View Post
    None of you were there, you know none of the facts about this incident, nor do you know the people involved.

Anytime the letters "ATV" appear, you get all worked up and because of some bad apples, you wish all "ATV" riders would roll over and break their necks.

Grow up. Know the facts. Or continue to post your fantasy land thoughts and know that you are what you post.

Dave
    you were there?

Facts:

Man was riding ATV on a public road at 11:30 pm

Another guy went outside and threw a rock at him and hit him... chances this was the first time he came past?

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    you were there?

Facts:

Man was riding ATV on a public road at 11:30 pm

Another guy went outside and threw a rock at him and hit him... chances this was the first time he came past?
    Was I there?....HMMmmm..... Nope. But you also don't hear me whinning about that guy, or any other guy on an ATV.

For all you know he could have been on an electric ATV. As quiet as a church mouse.

Dave

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    you were there?

Facts:

Man was illegally riding ATV on a public road at 11:30 pm

Fixed it for you.
    NRA life member/ILA/PVA/Whittington Center sponsor
    GOA member/Second Amendment Foundation member
    NAHC life member/KECA founding committee member

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast