Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Washington County)

Default Re: Man hit with rock while on ATV

Quote Originally Posted by KJP442 View Post
    I've wanted to do this so many times to my asshole neighbors that insist on riding their ATV's and motocross bikes through my property. And I live in the suburbs of Pittsburgh.
    I caught some a-hole doing that... on the sidewalk, Brownsville Road, Mount Oliver. 1 AM, prime time for drunks to come wandering out of the plethora of bars up there, and this kid is riding up and down the sidewalk easily at 20mph, if not more.

(Wayne County)

[QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidTM View Post
    None of you were there, you know none of the facts about this incident, nor do you know the people involved.
    You are absolutely right. I wasn't there. My comments are mean-spirited, sweeping generalizations based soley on years of experience of having mindless, inconsiderate ATV riders traverse the private roads over which I have stewardship responsibilities or on the State Games Lands on which I hunt or on the private conservancy properties on which I have access, all the while never once asking for permission nor caring about the extent of the damage that they cause to these properties from erosion or disturbance to wildlife or from outright vandalism to gates to gain access.

I am being wholy irrational and for that I apologize. (why won't my sarcasm emoticon work?)

[
    Anytime the letters "ATV" appear, you get all worked up and because of some bad apples, you wish all "ATV" riders would roll over and break their necks.
    Incorrect again, mon frere. At no times were their necks wished broken. That was the meaning of the "I don't wish them harm" part of the post. I would like very much to own a quad, IF I HAD SUFFICIENT LAND TO RIDE IT LAWFULLY. Since I don't have the land, I excercise self control and don't ride inconsiderately over property on which I have no right to be. ATVs aren't the problem, rude people are.

Forgive me if my personal bias distorts my perception but, I have to ask. Are your protests prompted by having to defend actions similar to those which instigated the OP's rock to be thrown?
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

(Franklin County)

ATVs don't annoy people, other people do.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Monroe County)

Was I there?....HMMmmm..... Nope. But you also don't hear me whinning about that guy, or any other guy on an ATV.

For all you know he could have been on an electric ATV. As quiet as a church mouse.

Dave
    Doesn't matter if it was a nuclear stealth ATV. Here in the Poconos the vast majority that are a problem are from the suburban areas and think public roads and other people's private property are there for their exclusive use. First thing the cop should do is check insurance and registration.

Fenced the timber when we bought it. Just caused them to have to bring wire cutters. Finally got our point across after a couple of tries and a visit from the sheriff. Not all riders are a problem but there seem to be a certain number who think that property damage is their right.
    Last edited by phill; July 30th, 2010 at 08:48 PM.
    Courage is being scared to death--but saddling up any way. John Wayne

(Westmoreland County)

[QUOTE=Sandcut;1290347]

Forgive me if my personal bias distorts my perception but, I have to ask. Are your protests prompted by having to defend actions similar to those which instigated the OP's rock to be thrown?
    Nope. I'm disabled and own a highly modified EZ-GO electric cart. In fact, its licensed as an ATV thru the DCNR and I probably have more insurance carried on this than most people do on their car's.

I use this to hunt with. I use it only on property that I own or on property that I have permission. The top speed of this vehicle is 8mph, and it is very quiet. I have snuck up on bedded deer. Turkey.....not so much.

I just get tired of every ATV owner\rider getting thrown into the bucket of "property destroyer" "trespasser" and not caring about laws. Yes, there are those who are out there. Just like hunters, auto drivers, and people who illegally dump their stuff on others property.

But that doesn't make all of 'em bad.

Dave

(Monroe County)

[QUOTE=DavidTM;1290494]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandcut View Post

Nope. I'm disabled and own a highly modified EZ-GO electric cart. In fact, its licensed as an ATV thru the DCNR and I probably have more insurance carried on this than most people do on their car's.

I use this to hunt with. I use it only on property that I own or on property that I have permission. The top speed of this vehicle is 8mph, and it is very quiet. I have snuck up on bedded deer. Turkey.....not so much.

I just get tired of every ATV owner\rider getting thrown into the bucket of "property destroyer" "trespasser" and not caring about laws. Yes, there are those who are out there. Just like hunters, auto drivers, and people who illegally dump their stuff on others property.

But that doesn't make all of 'em bad.

Dave
    I think, based on the fact that this guy was riding on a public road at 11:30 PM and running enough that someone got up, out of their house, found a rock, and threw it at him, that we can safely put him in the "property destroyer trespasser" category
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Wayne County)

[QUOTE=Dredly;1290736]

I think, based on the fact that this guy was riding on a public road at 11:30 PM and running enough that someone got up, out of their house, found a rock, and threw it at him, that we can safely put him in the "property destroyer trespasser" category
    I second the motion.

All in favor signify by saying "aye."
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

The reality is many people can't wait to own a ATV, and put no thought into where they can lawfully use them.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Lackawanna County)

I own an ATV and sometimes buzz the roads to get where I am going. Anyway, 11:30 at night is BS. This guy sounds like he must of been doing this alot to get a rock chucked at him. I used to live in town and what I hated more than anything was LOUD harleys. More of a nuisance than any ATV, but its OK because its "legal." Yeah, a bike going up the road 2:30am pushing over 100db is legal. Go figure.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast