Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Speed traps on Rt 209/33

So instead of addressing the real issue of no barricades they have decided to increase police presence. DO NOT exceed the speed limit from Windgap to 80, there are a TON of cops out doing speed traps at all the construction zones
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Speed traps on Rt 209/33

Yep , i drive there 5 days a week and they're out there in droves.

Nyman

(Monroe County)

I've seen robberies with less cops at it...

When I came through on Wednesday there was:

2 marked state troopers
    1 marked state trooper station wagon
    1 marked state trooper van
    2 standard unmarked trooper cars
    1 state trooper SUV

the 2 unmarked were gunning, every one else had a car pulled over
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Northampton County)

I drive this section twice a day, every day...and have yet to see any cops in this section. I have never seen more than one at a time on the entire stretch from 22 to 80. Definitely not any out this week when I went through...

In light of this news, though, I guess I will be taking it a little slower....

Stay safe.
    And don't think you're off the hook, voters, you're the ones who made this bed. Now you're the ones who are going to have to move over so a gay couple can sleep in it. Tomorrow you're all going to wake up in a brave new world, a world where the Constitution gets trampled by an army of terrorist clones, created in a stem-cell research lab run by homosexual doctors who sterilize their instruments over burning American flags. -- Stephen Colbert

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by US Militiaman View Post
    I drive this section twice a day, every day...and have yet to see any cops in this section. I have never seen more than one at a time on the entire stretch from 22 to 80. Definitely not any out this week when I went through...

In light of this news, though, I guess I will be taking it a little slower....

Stay safe.
    Not sure when you drive through but you should probably open your eyes. its a rare day when I don't see at least one or 2 cops on Rt 33, especially between 248 and Wind Gap, they love that center median by the bridges, the long on ramp from 191, and one or 2 of the pull offs closer to wind gap.

They are doing targeted enforcement up further now though, they are primarily sitting by the construction zones so they can bust you and have it cost more

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    Not sure when you drive through but you should probably open your eyes. its a rare day when I don't see at least one or 2 cops on Rt 33, especially between 248 and Wind Gap, they love that center median by the bridges, the long on ramp from 191, and one or 2 of the pull offs closer to wind gap.

They are doing targeted enforcement up further now though, they are primarily sitting by the construction zones so they can bust you and have it cost more
    No, they are sitting at construction zones because ignorant drivers run over workers and kill them because going 45 would just be an outrage.
    Jules

(Lackawanna County)

Going 45 is that much safer than 55? It will injure them that much less? If you arent running over cones while texting then you shouldnt hit anyone.

If one, in the course of his job, for whatever reason steps into the road and gets hit...

Dont walk out into the road. There are moving machines traveling at speed there. Its not a good idea. They take time to stop and your orange vest wont help.
    Millions for defense, Not one cent for tribute!

Quote Originally Posted by YllwFvr View Post
    Going 45 is that much safer than 55? It will injure them that much less? If you arent running over cones while texting then you shouldnt hit anyone.

If one, in the course of his job, for whatever reason steps into the road and gets hit...

Dont walk out into the road. There are moving machines traveling at speed there. Its not a good idea. They take time to stop and your orange vest wont help.
    I may get infracted, but you are an idiot for your above statement.
    Jules

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by ar15jules View Post
    I may get infracted, but you are an idiot for your above statement.
    Jules
    Unless you have worked on a highway with cars and trucks speeding by, you really cannot empathize with those who do. So, his statement is likely as born out of ignorance as it is stupidity and a good example of the selfish attitude that contributes to the degradation of society in general, and in this case traffic safety. So long as people are proud to be self centered egotists, Dredly is right, and the government has no choice but the dumb down the highways to the point where people like this, with a two year old's mentality, can safely navigate them with minimal harm.
    Last edited by NEPAKevin; July 10th, 2010 at 12:53 PM.

I travel that route way to often and I have always seen quite a few troopers set up around stockertown.

I am dam glad to hear they are setting up farther north now! It is getting insane out there! I was passing the sciota exit last week and traveling the norm of 70mph to stay in the flow when some kid comes up on my ass in his new dodge challenger and nascar style drafts me for probably 2 miles! He finaly gets the clearing to pass and within another mile was totaly out of sight! All I kept thinking is (in his nascar mentality) if the guy infront of me checks up for any reason and I need to tap the brakes? This guy is literaly going to eat my ass! I will be dammed if I want to be the pocono rechids next headline!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast