Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Thinking about buying a PSL

I know it's been posted about before but I didn't want to raise the ancients.

I found the old listing from AimSurplus and would love to get one for that price but they are out of stock. I only found one other place that wasn't to much more(http://www.midwesthuntersoutlet.com/...%2BJDyOLrQE%3D) but it didn't specify that it was a Romanian model.

I tried finding it on Classic Arms, but their website is a disaster.

Anyone know if AimSurplus is going to be getting any more in stock? I'm holding off bugging them as I pestered them about when they were going to get some 7.62x54R back in stock.

I also had some questions about ordering online. Do I order it or do I contact an FFL to order it since it's all the FFL's info that they need? Would contacting John at www.firearmtransfers.net be the easiest way to get this rifle? He mentions he does special orders....
    Last edited by KPShooting; July 6th, 2010 at 01:35 PM.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Thinking about buying a PSL

Do it, but only if it's a true import.

I L O V E mine. So worth the measly $5XX I paid for it. It's so fun to shoot.

Did I mention I love mine?

Oh yeah... Guess I did. Lol!

(Allegheny County)

Here's a link to the sold out model from Aim:

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=F1CPSL

Is there a better model out there or this the one I want?

UPDATE: Just got an email from Aim sales support and saying they have no plans to stock the PSL's anymore. Guess I'll have to kick the google machine into high gear to find one.
    Last edited by KPShooting; July 6th, 2010 at 05:24 PM.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by KJP442 View Post
    I know it's been posted about before but I didn't want to raise the ancients.

I found the old listing from AimSurplus and would love to get one for that price but they are out of stock. I only found one other place that wasn't to much more(http://www.midwesthuntersoutlet.com/...%2BJDyOLrQE%3D) but it didn't specify that it was a Romanian model.

I tried finding it on Classic Arms, but their website is a disaster.

Anyone know if AimSurplus is going to be getting any more in stock? I'm holding off bugging them as I pestered them about when they were going to get some 7.62x54R back in stock.

I also had some questions about ordering online. Do I order it or do I contact an FFL to order it since it's all the FFL's info that they need? Would contacting John at www.firearmtransfers.net be the easiest way to get this rifle? He mentions he does special orders....

As far as the ording offline goes, you call the place you want to order it from and give them all your information, including the FFL dealer you wish to use.

They may or may not have that FFL's lisence already on file depending if they ever sent to them before or not. If they do have them on file all you need to do is verify it with the FFL dealer and make sure it's ok you have the firearm sent there.

If they are not on file, after you call and give the seller your information you will call the FFL dealer you wish to use and have them fax over a copy of there lisence.

I actually just ordered from Classic Arms today

As far as the firearmstransfers you mentioned, I am not farmiliar with them but I checked them out real quick, they seem to be a great deal....only problem is they are located in Pittsburg and from what I read you have to go there and pick the firearm up because they only take cash. Not sure how far you live but I'm in Philly so that puts me out, they are a good, fair price though, IMO.
    When ALL else fails...the AK won't !! Emotions...??? emotions are for people who CARE !!!

(Philadelphia County)

Not sure if these are the exact ones you guys are looking for but here's a few websites I was looking at when I was looking into getting one myself.

This is Inter Ordnance, I have AK's of there's and could not be happier with there customer service and there quality is top notch IMO.
    http://www.ioinc.us/our-products

Have never dealt with these guys but they have them in stock, under $600.
    http://www.midwesthuntersoutlet.com/...%2BJDyOLrQE%3D

This place is a bit overpirced IMO...unless it's diffrent in some way...maybe an original Romanian Military one, not made for original commercial sale ???
    http://www.ammoland.com/2009/05/13/p...762x54r-rifle/

There is also a Gun shop by me that has at least 2 or 3 in stock whenever I am there, IIRC they are Century builds though...don't know if that matters or not. The place is Sirplus City, I think in Feasterville...close to there anyway. They may not be Century but 70-80% of there rifles are and I believe these are as well, not 100% though.

Hope this helps fellas, good luck.
    When ALL else fails...the AK won't !! Emotions...??? emotions are for people who CARE !!!

Glade Mill Lake, Cooperstown, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by PhilaShooter View Post
    As far as the firearmstransfers you mentioned, I am not farmiliar with them but I checked them out real quick, they seem to be a great deal....only problem is they are located in Pittsburg and from what I read you have to go there and pick the firearm up because they only take cash. Not sure how far you live but I'm in Philly so that puts me out, they are a good, fair price though, IMO.
    John is a good guy. You can't go wrong with him, or gunrunners of pa GRoPA on this forum.

Both will do transfers for 20 beans and both are great guys I'd go out of my way to give my business to.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by P-11 shooter View Post
    John is a good guy. You can't go wrong with him, or gunrunners of pa GRoPA on this forum.

Both will do transfers for 20 beans and both are great guys I'd go out of my way to give my business to.

Yea I don't want to seem like I'm putting them down or anything, I'm not. They have literally the BEST prices probably in PA...just stinks I am so far away :/

Just from there website you can tell they are straight-up guys and reliable...that's more than most of these gun shops now a days ya know.

(Lancaster County)

I don't think anyone posted J&G Sales...

http://www.jgsales.com/product_info....oducts_id/2392

(Allegheny County)

I'll probably be ordering from Classic Arms. Can't argue with a free hard case. They really need to update that website though. It's a mess.

Just have to wait till payday.

(Allegheny County)

Well I order it. Still waiting on Gun Runners of PA to send the FFL to them though. Maybe it's because now that I've ordered it I want it now now now but it's been over 24 hours and no response from GRoPA and I'm getting antsy. They ARE back in business right?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast