Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Franklin County)

Default Re: Mailing Pellet guns in PA?

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    Can you explain how you think that a FTF transaction is any different than mailing the gun if they're not legal in the recipient's local area?
    My main point of concern was that there was possible issue MAILING a pellet gun in PA... to which i've heard that local ordinances MAY come into play, however i've not seen anything to say they do. As an example some online shops specifically restrict mailing into philly, however they then also specify that local ordinances may also vary and that it's the job of the buyer to know his or her local laws before ordering. I wanted to go one step safer by doing a face to face during which i can verify over 18, PA residency and that the actual sale would be virtually equivalent to said person going to walwart or buying from a yard sale.

please don't beat me into the ground with semantics... i was trying to raise an interesting question that i've not seen addressed.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Advocate View Post
    As an example some online shops specifically restrict mailing into philly, however they then also specify that local ordinances may also vary and that it's the job of the buyer to know his or her local laws before ordering.

Yeah...that's just a way for them to protect themselves. I saw the same thing one Ebay: "buyer must be 18 to purchase (knife, paintball gun, etc)"

Well, I bought them anyway and no one ever asked for ID or showed up at my house to fine me or anything. Just saying...

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Advocate View Post
    My main point of concern was that there was possible issue MAILING a pellet gun in PA... to which i've heard that local ordinances MAY come into play, however i've not seen anything to say they do.
    Since when can a local municipality regulate the US Postal Service? Of course they could prohibit ownership, but I don't know of any way they can make it a criminal act for YOU to mail something to someone in their boundaries, even if the recipient is breaking a local ordinance by possessing it. If I'm selling, and someone inquires, it's up to THEM to make sure it's legal for them to have whatever I'm selling, not me.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12