Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Franklin County)

Default Indoor Pistol Range & Training: Franklin Co.

I've been around firearms of many types throughout my life, however, most of said firearms have been long guns of various types with little focus on pistol.

Having made the choice to be able to exercise my 2A rights, protect myself and more importantly my family on a regular basis and after a great deal of investigation, long consideration and discussion with various like minded people and LEO friends I went ahead an decided to get my CCW and a G27. I've been doing many suggested drills from my LEO friends at home as time allows (I have enough property with natural backstop) and have set up a small range area to have safe practice sessions at home. I'd like to broaden my training however and after searching have not been able to find much in the area (yes I did a forum search)

To continue my training I would however like to find an indoor range in the Franklin County area (I'm willing to travel a bit) from South Franklin Co., but would like to find a range close enough that I can become regular and work on proficiency. I would also like to find some decent personal defense courses that are offered in the area, willing to drive a few hours for these if the courses are worth it. Defensive shooting, up close shooting, etc.

I've found that my situational awareness has greatly increased since taking on the commitment to CCW and am glad my family is supportive, some are even fellow CCWers.

Thanks for your suggestions and input.

~SGT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. " ~Edmund Burke

Chambersburg PA (Pure Appalachia), Pennsylvania
    (Franklin County)

Default Re: Indoor Pistol Range & Training: Franklin Co.

There is "Shooters' Range" ( formenrly "Shooters' Delight") on Edenville-Cheesetown Rd, just a mile or so outside of Chambersburg. Glenn Manns, a former Chambersburg City Police Sgt. runs the place. Nice, knowledgeable guy. Give the range a call and see. Sorry I don't have a phone number.

The range has a dozen indoor, all-weather firing points, electric target carriers, good lights and ventilation. Good hours, six days. Ammunition and Rentals. And at prices that are not going to break your bank.

Flash
    "The life unexamined is not worth living." ....... Socrates

(Franklin County)

Thanks Flash! I'll have to check that place out. I saw an old post about the old name and something saying it was closed. Looks like the name must have just changed. I appreciate the information.

~SGT

(Franklin County)

Flash, thanks again. Spent some time @ Shooters Range this evening and had a nice time other than the heat. Was glad to have some good range time with no crowd what so ever. Had a nice long chat with Glenn afterward which was also enjoyable. Great way to end the work week and begin a relaxing weekend.

~SGT