Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lancaster County)

Question Archery Lessons SE PA (Lanco)

I'm interested in taking some archery lessons. I'm a casual, recreational, back yard, target shooter with my green fiberglass yard sale bow. I'm not exactly looking for ultra high intensity tactical lessons, just something to get started. I'd prefer southeast PA, but would be willing to travel a bit.

Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Archery Lessons SE PA (Lanco)

PA Game Commission offers a Successful Bowhunting course.

Check is out at the website. http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal...unity/pgc/9106

(York County)

Also Lancaster Archery should be able to give you a few pointers
    "Skin that'n pilgrim, and I'll git ya another"

(Lancaster County)

Had to navigate PGC a bit. For anyone else interested: http://www.bowhunter-ed.com/pa/

I was hoping for an instructor in a classroom/range environment and I haven't had much success talking to folks behind the counter; although I haven't been to Lancaster Archery yet.

(Montgomery County)

You may want to check out 3dshoots.com or archerytalk.com. Similar forum (with a whole lot less politics) as here but strickly for archery.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by scott125 View Post
    You may want to check out 3dshoots.com or archerytalk.com. Similar forum (with a whole lot less politics) as here but strickly for archery.
    a lot less politics? hahah
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Lancaster County)

Hi Rolsby;
    We appreciate your interest in archery and will help you in any way we can. Just come in to the shop with your bow, arrows and any other gear you have.
    Ask for Jason, our Showroom Manager or Dale in the shop. We'll work with you on our indoor range to get you a great start with shooting your bow instinctively(without sights). We do this nearly every day and there is no charge for an initial archery lesson. We simply want to encourage new archers into the sport. We are open Mon,Wed,Thurs 9am-9pm; Tues,Fri 9am-6pm and Sat 9am-4m. However, we are closed today, Monday July 5 in honor of Independence Day. We hope to see you soon.
    Yours in Archery,
    Rob

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by robk@las View Post
    Hi Rolsby;
    We appreciate your interest in archery and will help you in any way we can. Just come in to the shop with your bow, arrows and any other gear you have.
    Ask for Jason, our Showroom Manager or Dale in the shop. We'll work with you on our indoor range to get you a great start with shooting your bow instinctively(without sights). We do this nearly every day and there is no charge for an initial archery lesson. We simply want to encourage new archers into the sport. We are open Mon,Wed,Thurs 9am-9pm; Tues,Fri 9am-6pm and Sat 9am-4m. However, we are closed today, Monday July 5 in honor of Independence Day. We hope to see you soon.
    Yours in Archery,
    Rob
    Not sure how you found this post but good deal. I've been to LAS a few times and it is an amazing place with outstanding staff and facilities... I'm pretty sure LAS (Lancaster Archery Supply) is where archers go when they die (aka: archery heaven)
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

Lancaster Archery Supply is a fantastic place for all things archery. I think at one point they were, and they may still be, the largest distributor in the country.

I have some friends who work there and I bought a bow package from them a few years ago. I can't recommend them enough.

(Berks County)

As people have mentioned Lancaster Archery is great - and Ephrata Archery is a new guy. Why not join Manheim Sportsmens since your in Manheim - they have an archery course and I'm sure many there would be willing to show you the ropes.