Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: OC'd at FCO today, what a joke

I find this odd, as I've OC'd at FCO numerous times with zero comments at all. I've even shot on the range OC, while shooting a different gun. I'm sure the range master eyes were on me so he must have seen it on my hip. Still, no comment about it.

Come to think of it, out of all the range/shop combos I've OC'd at, FCO has been the friendliest towards it.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by 64Jeeper View Post
    Maybe I should e-mail them a complaint letter. and let them know that if they don't want to obey Pa. laws regarding OC/CC, then they won't get my business anymore, and I know where there are roughly 30,000 more people who won't be shopping there either.
    They weren't disobeying the law, they were spreading false information about it.

And I think 30,000 is a bit high.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by cavmedic View Post
    I guess the signs on both entrance doors that tell you that all firearms must be covered or cased means nothing.
    I remember the sign mentioning something about being cased, but I don't think that applies to CC/OC. I don't recall anything about covered up but I never pay much attention. If a gun shop is going to ask me to cover up, I'm not spending money there anyway.

I've OC'd there many times before, as recently as a few weeks ago, and I've never had any issues.

(Somerset County)

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyAR View Post
    Not all people who work in gunstores are "gun people". To some it is just a retail sales job.
    And this does not only apply to knowing laws. If you go in there and start to ask specific questions about something, they will either try to BS their way through it or have to find someone who knows....not only giving you a bad quality of service, but it can also leave a bad taste in your mouth for the store that you are shopping in. This happens to me all the time in my local Lowes I know if I had to get a job that I did not know a whole lot about, I would do my homework both on the job, and on my own time, just so I wouldnt look like an ass....

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by 64Jeeper View Post
    Maybe I should e-mail them a complaint letter. and let them know that if they don't want to obey Pa. laws regarding OC/CC, then they won't get my business anymore, and I know where there are roughly 30,000 more people who won't be shopping there either.
    I think taking your business elsewhere because of this incident may be going a bit far, but that's just me and you should do whatever you feel is necessary and right for you.
    I do think emailing or calling in a complaint about the mis-information would be a very good thing for you to do though. Maybe send them a copy of the pamphlet that's featured on this site and suggest that they train their employees on some of the gun laws so they don't "turn off" or alienate customers in the future. I'd give them a second chance in a few weeks or months and if they still haven't cleaned up their act, then I'd take my money elsewhere.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12