Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Butler County)

Default Stewart's Gunsmithing

Anyone know what's up with Chuck? I dropped off a gun to have minor repair work done in December and I still don't have my gun back. Every time I call him he says "that one is apart right now" or "I am working on that one this weekend." Last time I stopped in he said he is behind until August cause his dad was sick. I called today to see when he will complete the work and if he can't, I was going to make arrangements to pick the gun up and take it elsewhere. His message said he had back surgery and will be closed until the 3rd week of July. Chuck is a hell of a nice guy but I want my gun repaired and I took it there based on the positive feedback I read on here. Does anyone else have guns that they have taken to Chuck in the last 6 months?

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Stewart's Gunsmithing

Yes, I took a Ruger P 89 DC to him, I had the thing locked up and could not operate the slide. he repaired and had it back to me within 7 days.

I have used his services several times in the past 1 1/2 years , all with positive results.

I would think there is something going on in his personal life that is delaying the return of your firearm.

no excuses, no alibies.. some times it gets to the point ,,, give me my gun...

hope it works out for you.
    PAT FINN

(Butler County)

I left him a message and within 2 weeks my gun was done. He said he is off work now due to his back surgery and can spend time on gunsmithing so I had him do a few more things, one of which was done in 7 days. My other project is more involved and he said 3-4 weeks. Chuck is a good guy but I think sometimes he takes in more work than he can handle escpecially since he is not a full time smith.

(Butler County)

He is the only smith that I would use. Went to bat for me to get S&W to replace the slide for free.

Yes, he is extremely busy. He only has shop hours three days a week to try to have time to do repairs without interruptions.