Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default .25 auto. pistol part

Hello members, I have been given (handed down) a Galesi .25 auto (6.35cal).It is stamped on lf. side Socit Filli Galesi Brescia Cal 6.35. rt.side made in Italy. It has what appear to be white plastic grips. It has a broken magazine. It holds 6 I believe. I was wondering if anyone knows where a magazine may be located? Could someone give me an idea on the age of this little beauty. Thanks
    Last edited by mark elliott; July 2nd, 2010 at 10:13 PM. Reason: extra question

Default Re: .25 auto. pistol part

I got a magazine for my Galesi 22 Long from Numrich. It tool a lttle tweaking to make it run right but worked out fine. You nee to do a bit of research to determine excatly what model number Galesi you have. A picture would help.

(Luzerne County)

Mark: As noted by Griz, you should be able to find a magazine at Numrich. I was just at the site and they seem to have magazines for each model. The cost is $36 per. You will need the model number, unless they have used a common magazine for all of their .25s (which is possible).
    Pete
    Last edited by Pete D.; July 3rd, 2010 at 06:24 AM.
    “Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games.”Hemingway ...

(Montgomery County)

One thing to bear in mind. Numrich and Sarco often sell Triple K magazines as replacement mags, all are around $30-35. Make certain that you have a Dremel tool handy as you will have to modify the mag. These are lowest common denominator magazines and they act like it. How do I know? Made the mistake of buying some Mauser mags for WWI pistols. None worked until major modifications were made and then I hit the Triple K web site to find the identical mags, so "caveat emptor!" Dave_n

(Berks County)

I really recommend TripleK - I just bought a very well made mag from them for my .25 pistol - it is a real solid little gem, and was $40 including shipping (got here from San Diego in 2 days!)

FWIW, the Armi Galesi .25 was a nicely made and very reliable little pistol and it was killed by the GCA of 1968, so it is before that...there is a date stamp on the right side of the frame somewhere, IIRC.
    They are pretty accurate and have a little more velocity because of the slightly longer barrel.

mark
    Another armed Liberal veteran.

Thanks for the info. on this pistol. The rt. side has a stamp of the company emblem, another stamp is PSF, and the other stamp is XX11. All three are between the grip and trigger housing. I will try to contact TripleK. Again thanks for the help, any more info. I would love to know.