Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Berks County)

Default Will my new Don Hume IWB wear the finish on my polished inox Beretta?

Just wondering if I need to return the new carry holster I got. I had a colt that got pretty badly tarnished from a leather IWB holster and I would like to avoid that if possible. I have a flawless polished slide inox tomcat and would like to maintain it's finish as long as possible.

So far I love the holster but time will tell as to its durability and the finish of my slide.

Thanks guys!

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Will my new Don Hume IWB wear the finish on my polished inox Beretta?

Any holster will wear at the finish of a gun.
    Jeff Cooper was a huge supporter of gun games, when he was winning them at least...

Default Re: Will my new Don Hume IWB wear the finish on my polished inox Beretta?

It will wear eventually but you won't be able to see it unless you look really close stainless steel only wears brighter unlike blue the finish does wear but not as noticeably. The option is to use and wear the gun or keep it boxed and look at it. If you got a top notch holster like Don Hume IWB I'd use it. Nice combo you must be a pretty big guy.

(Berks County)

Thanks for the advice guys!

I am pretty big actually, 6'3 180lbs. It conceals nicely except for when I'm sitting, the handle occasionally poke out from under my shirt but I don't mind it. I decided against the thumb break because I used to always manage to get my t shirt caught on my 1911 break and be walking around fully exposed without realizing it.

I do like the color combo going on here, very classy