Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast
    (Schuylkill County)

Default Re: being denied to carry because of references??

Quote Originally Posted by edv177 View Post
    ok heres an update basically everyone advice is basically worthless! i spoke to the county commissioner who told me the sheriff dept is there own entity and they can do what ever they want. tho i still don't have my ltcf i still open carry.
    as far as the sheriff dept having to follow any rules or regulation, thts all bull shit according to the former county sheriff who is now the county commissioner.
    also if in Schuylkill county the refferances MUST be from Schuylkill county. lets get this straight the licensing info some folks posted does NOT apply to Schuylkill county period! he basically told me im up shits creek without a paddle an when ever she feels like responding to me she will. he also said tht because im from outta state he would treat me the same way if he was still the sheriff.
    fuck pa
    BS.

Apropos to nothing, but we had an election last year. I expect in 4 years or so there might be another one. :: clears throat ::

This is something to keep track of. I have a prominently displayed email address.
    Last edited by DonSmithnotTMD; October 29th, 2010 at 05:56 PM.

(Schuylkill County)

You want your PA LTCF? Fill out the paper, put whatever references you want on the form, pay the Treasury office at the courthouse, and then drop it off at the sheriff's office. Do not ask any of them for advice. I say this with utmost confidence because I personally know everyone working in that office. They will undoubtedly tell you that you must conceal it as well. None of them know their own asshole from a hole in the ground. If they deny your application because your references are not from Schuylkill, dispute it and you will win.

On another note, don't ask for advice here, then tell everyone their answers to your questions were worthless. Put on your big boy pants son.

If you hate PA so much, pack your bags and move to New York or New Jersey. Then you can complain to someone else why those states won't issue you a carry license.

(Lehigh County)

ok heres an update basically everyone advice is basically worthless! i spoke to the county commissioner who told me the sheriff dept is there own entity and they can do what ever they want. tho i still don't have my ltcf i still open carry.
    as far as the sheriff dept having to follow any rules or regulation, thts all bull shit according to the former county sheriff who is now the county commissioner.
    also if in Schuylkill county the refferances MUST be from Schuylkill county. lets get this straight the licensing info some folks posted does NOT apply to Schuylkill county period! he basically told me im up shits creek without a paddle an when ever she feels like responding to me she will. he also said tht because im from outta state he would treat me the same way if he was still the sheriff.
    fuck pa
    You spoke to A county commissioner, not the county commissioner. Did you even know that you have three commissioners in your county?

You also have a District Attorney, and filing a criminal complaint with his office does not have to cost you thousands of dollars. Go ask your DA if it's "bull shit" that your Sheriff has any rules or regulations to follow.

Here is the licensing law as it is written, 18 Pa.C.S. § 6109. Here is the description for the application for an LTCF (§ 33.114. Application for a Pennsylvania license to carry firearms.)and for the LTCF itself(§ 33.115. Pennsylvania license to carry firearms.).

Why don't you read through those, then answer me this; where in any of that does it mandate you supply references AT ALL, and furthermore, where does it mandate they be from your county?

The PSP has put the reference requirement in place, absent any law mandating it, and furthermore the PA Code only mandates that the application be filled out "in accordance with the block instructions contained therein". Those block instructions ask for two references who aren't family members, that's it.

There is no logical way your Sheriff can beat you on this issue if you stand up and take him to task. The law is ON YOUR SIDE, and it's about time you realize that and put it to use.

I'll quote myself, from this very thread:

Quote Originally Posted by IronSight View Post
    As others have said, fight this if you can. We need more people willing to stand up against these illegal practices.

These Sheriffs are not above the law, yet they continually act as if they are.
    Care to tell me again that that advice is worthless?

Edit: You're in Schuylkill County correct? Your Board of Commissioners is holding a meeting on November 24th. If you're willing to take your commissioner to task, I am well prepared enough to challenge the Commissioner you spoke with publicly on this issue at that meeting. Hell, I'm up for doing it whether you want to be there or not. The real question is are you willing to call out and disagree with your Sheriff and Commissioner publicly? Your complaint that everyone's advice on here is just useless is absurd. I'm willing to put boots on the ground to back you up, do you want the help or not?
    Last edited by IronSight; October 30th, 2010 at 12:39 AM.

(Montgomery County)

im not going to spend thousands of dollars on attorney fees for a $21 5 yr license. ive called rep timothy holden whos secretary told me tht there not allowed to get involved with the sheriffs department. so hes worthless. im glad im gonna vote on Tuesday, thts about all i can do on my unemployed budget. its easy for you to tell me how there wrong but put your self in my shoes an deal with these power mongers. im sorry i ever called the commissioner, he made me feel like i was a no good worthless piece of trash. laughing at me while i tried to explain my situation. utterly belittling!! i cant wait to get out of PA, worst move i ever made.
    I don't think you even need a lawyer in this case. Regardless fight it. Hard.

Thi reference thing is silly, as I see it anyone could just open a phone book and randomly pick a few persons an be done since they never seem to contact anyone anyway (well except for a few like say philly.)

(Schuylkill County)

PA Sucks and your from New Jersey WOW !!!!!!
    Republicans believe every day is July 4th Democrats believe every day is April 15

(Schuylkill County)

ok let me clarify my self, some folks are taking what i said "your advice is worthless" as tho i'm putting the person(s) down who gave it. its not the people or there actions its the laws that was provided with the advice that is what i was referring too. as far as me not liking PA as a state i think the state of PA is awesome an the people are great too its the corrupt politicians an governing bodies that make me sick. i thought that kind of stuff only happened where i came from, boy was i wrong its worse here! at least in NJ NY an DEL if they say there gonna mail out a register letter they do it. its not like " the dukes of hazard" where you are dealing with boss hog an rosco. i'm srry if i misrepresented myself but those laws don't apply to me or my civil rights according to the county commissioner, because according to him i'm a criminal and being from outta state that its all my fault why there doing what there doing. in fact he said he would do the same thing to me if he were still sheriff, how would that make you feel after 20 minutes of cohorsive an interrogating conversation? absolutely laughing at me as i tried to quote the laws i printed from here. he said there an elected body an theirs nothing anybody can do to regulate them on how they run the office. basically the impression i got was if i stick my head to far out of the rabbit hole i'm gonna get it kicked in. at my age i don't need to be treated like this an i don't want to be hung on a cross as an example for others to see what they can do. again srry if i offened any one an i will quitlly go away.

peace an thnks

(Montgomery County)

im not taking anything out on anybody, but when others say do this an do tht an do this or tht an you do it an it piss's off the powers to be it only made things worse for me. you don't know what its like being treated the way there treating me, an its not just from one person its from several. tht law don't apply to Schuylkill county the commissioner said so an told me straight out he's not going to do anything about it, in fact he's going to look into it for his own personal psychotic reasons and god knows wat the hell is going to happen now. who knows she may still issue it or deny it either way i still never received anything witch is what the problem is. i could care less at this point if i get my pa ltcf or not. just want the letter there suppose to send out.
    Look below. Your offered free help. He may not be a lawyer but he knows the law and is willing to stand up for you.
    If I was in your shoes, I would accept.

Edit: You're in Schuylkill County correct? Your Board of Commissioners is holding a meeting on November 24th. If you're willing to take your commissioner to task, I am well prepared enough to challenge the Commissioner you spoke with publicly on this issue at that meeting. Hell, I'm up for doing it whether you want to be there or not. The real question is are you willing to call out and disagree with your Sheriff and Commissioner publicly? Your complaint that everyone's advice on here is just useless is absurd. I'm willing to put boots on the ground to back you up, do you want the help or not?
    The 2A does not GIVE us the right. It tells the gov they can not INFRINGE our right.

its not like " the dukes of hazard" where you are dealing with boss hog an rosco.
    Thanks for not being insulting.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyBones View Post

I bet anyone who took the time to help you out in this thread wishes they had that time back.
    True Dat Dawg!

peace an thnks
    SmileyFaceWaving.jpg
    FUCK BIDEN

(Schuylkill County)

You spoke to A county commissioner, not the county commissioner. Did you even know that you have three commissioners in your county?

You also have a District Attorney, and filing a criminal complaint with his office does not have to cost you thousands of dollars. Go ask your DA if it's "bull shit" that your Sheriff has any rules or regulations to follow.

Here is the licensing law as it is written, 18 Pa.C.S. § 6109. Here is the description for the application for an LTCF (§ 33.114. Application for a Pennsylvania license to carry firearms.)and for the LTCF itself(§ 33.115. Pennsylvania license to carry firearms.).

Why don't you read through those, then answer me this; where in any of that does it mandate you supply references AT ALL, and furthermore, where does it mandate they be from your county?

The PSP has put the reference requirement in place, absent any law mandating it, and furthermore the PA Code only mandates that the application be filled out "in accordance with the block instructions contained therein". Those block instructions ask for two references who aren't family members, that's it.

There is no logical way your Sheriff can beat you on this issue if you stand up and take him to task. The law is ON YOUR SIDE, and it's about time you realize that and put it to use.

I'll quote myself, from this very thread:

Care to tell me again that that advice is worthless?

if i wasn't the test subject i would fight. the state police has been great to deal with, they worked with me 100 %. an i appreciate your offer but its best to let sleeping dogs lie. this is hazard county not Schuylkill co.

(Allegheny County)

if i wasn't the test subject i would fight. the state police has been great to deal with, they worked with me 100 %. an i appreciate your offer but its best to let sleeping dogs lie. this is hazard county not Schuylkill co.
    Take his offer of help. What are you afraid they will do to you?
    FNX-9 Two-tone

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast