Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Mayor Daley still does not get it.

Mayor douchebag still does not get it.

Its a right you idiot. you cannot limit people to one gun per person, or require them to carry insurance any more than you can limit people to one religious text in the home and require a public forum to carry libel insurance.

CHICAGO – Chicago Mayor Richard Daley will push for a strict handgun ordinance to replace its doomed gun ban that will likely include limiting each resident to a single handgun, requiring gun owners to have insurance and prohibiting gun stores from setting up shop in the city, his top lawyer said Tuesday.]

A day after the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that Americans have a right to own a gun for self-defense anywhere they live — a ruling that certainly means the end of Chicago's 28-year-old gun ban — Corporation Counsel Mara Georges moved quickly to alert a City Council committee of plans to propose a new gun ordinance.

Her appearance before the committee was the latest step in an effort that Daley's office has been working on since the court struck down a similar ban in Washington, D.C., two years ago.

Daley clearly wants to put a new ordinance in place quickly, perhaps well before an appellate court does as instructed by the Supreme Court and reviews the city's gun ban. Georges said she hopes to present an ordinance to the council committee by the end of the week.

Georges also said any new provisions the city puts in place will be able to withstand legal challenges that are sure to crop up when the new ordinance is ultimately passed, pointing out that the court ruled that "reasonable restrictions" on firearms do not violate the Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms.

She said that limiting Chicago residents to one handgun would pass constitutional muster. Nowhere has the court determined that "a person is entitled to more than one handgun," she said. "And one handgun is sufficient for self defense."

She said banning gun shops in the city is another reasonable restriction. She said studies have shown a disproportionate number of shootings near gun shops and because there are dozens of gun shops in the Chicago area — 40 in Cook County alone — a ban would not inconvenience gun buyers.

But one gun rights supporter said many of Georges' suggestions all but assure a legal battle, calling them "preposterous" and a violation of gun owners' civil rights.

Owning a gun, said David Workman of the Bellevue, Washington-based Second Amendment Foundation, "is a civil right and you can't limit a civil right." He also said it would be illegal to single out gun shops just because the merchandise they sell might poise a danger to residents.

"Ask her how many drug stores in Chicago were ripped off in the last few years by somebody who needs a high," he said.

Council members seemed eager to pass a tough new ordinance that Georges also said might prohibit those convicted of two or more times of drunken driving or drug offenses from possessing a handgun and could require Chicagoans in homes with children to secure guns in a locked box or equip them with trigger locks.

One alderman, Edward Burke, suggested that Chicago follow the lead of some other cities by requiring those convicted of gun offenses to register with the city just as convicted sex offenders are required to do.

Another, Fredrenna Lyle, voiced her support for requiring gun owners have some kind of insurance, saying that the city already requires those with dogs deemed dangerous to beef up their insurance.

"I don't think there is anything that is more dangerous than a firearm in the hands of someone that has no training and no ability and no knowledge," she said.

When the court's decision was announced Monday, gun rights supporters said they would challenge any attempt to require insurance, saying, for example, that if it costs too much money it would amount to discrimination of the city's poorer residents. On Tuesday, Georges said the city was still grappling with such a requirement and has not yet figured out how it would work in way that is not too expensive.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100629/...hicago_gun_ban

I found both triggers to be terrible to me so the triggers are on a scale to me.. The Glock was a crisper suck and the XD was a more mushy suck. They are in the same family, SR9 (heavy suck), Glock (crisp heavy suck), XD( lighter mushy suck), M&P(heavy mushy suck).

Default Re: Mayor Daley still does not get it.

Retard. Yet they keep electing him....

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by blankexistance View Post
    Retard. Yet they keep electing him....
    Like they really have a choice. Chicago, machine politics home turf of the Daley Dynasty.
    Keep perspective, recognize the good in your enemies and the bad in your friends.
    "--you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." - Robert A. Heinlein, Revolt in 2100

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by thelemite View Post
    Mayor douchebag still does not get it.
    I wish I could say that I'm shocked and surprised... Guess what, I'm not.
    He's been spouting this manure for weeks now in his pre-contempt for the Supreme Court.

Not that he's wrong. Afterall, I do believe in reasonable and sensible gun laws.
    • It should be illegal for a felon to commit a theft while in possesion of a gun.
    • It should be illegal for a felon to commit murder while in possesion of a gun.
    • It should be illegal for a felon to commit a rape while in possesion of a gun.
    • It should be illegal for a felon to ....

Pardon me?
    What?
    These things are already illegal?

Never mind.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by -JD- View Post
    Like they really have a choice. Chicago, machine politics home turf of the Daley Dynasty.
    Vote early and vote often!

(Bucks County)

I think it is time to go to the mattresses!!!!

Get what? Daley lives in a place where there are no rights, only privileges granted under the largesse of the administration, subject to revocation if it suits the Mayor's fancy.

Further evidence that democracy results in bad government. The only cure for stupid government is making sure stupid people don't vote, and enforcing strict limits on what government is allowed to do.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by BSH View Post
    Get what? Daley lives in a place where there are no rights, only privileges granted under the largesse of the administration, subject to revocation if it suits the Mayor's fancy.

Further evidence that democracy results in bad government. The only cure for stupid government is making sure stupid people don't vote, and enforcing strict limits on what government is allowed to do.
    Not sure I am with you here.

I agree with limited government. But people have rights, even the stupid.

I found both triggers to be terrible to me so the triggers are on a scale to me.. The Glock was a crisper suck and the XD was a more mushy suck. They are in the same family, SR9 (heavy suck), Glock (crisp heavy suck), XD( lighter mushy suck), M&P(heavy mushy suck).

(York County)

Actually..... MOST LIBERALS __DO__GET__IT__!!!!

It's not that they are IGNORANT...... IT'S THAT THEY ARE INTENTIONALLY ANTI-FREEDOM.....

THEY __WANT__ TO CONTROL EVERY ASPECT OF YOUR LIFE....

THIS IS WHY IT'S TIME TO SIMPLY __IMPOSE__FREEDOM__ BY VOTE OF THE MAJORITY
    INSPITE OF THEIR ELITIST PROTESTS!!!!

When conservative politicos stop the insanity of appeasement of the leftists and sucking up to the elitist national press, and instead, stand up 1000% for the values that most American's actually live by, then they will be voted into office to actually do The Will Of The People....

ID

(Lackawanna County)

I can understand some of the concerns and antis arguments and even things they don't want. The things they want are over the line but they aren't absurd for the most part.

But my god lol ok we have millions of people and 40 stores will have to do. Nothing like restricting legal business that PAYS LOTS OF TAXES!!!!!

Insurance? for what? lol you call state farm and say i want the cap a ***** policy lol

You can only have ONE means of reasonable self defense? God forbid this fucking garbage passes and your gun is not functioning or is at the job or a trigger job or something.

This ones good........ "I don't think there is anything that is more dangerous than a firearm in the hands of someone that has no training and no ability and no knowledge,"

"no ability" well in a nutshell firearm safety breaks down to a trigger finger and where your pointing the gun. Don't the gun at someone or something and or squeeze the trigger at the same time unless you need to. I don't understand that no ability part, unless we have someone with a disease or had an accident that can't handle a gun in the sense of racking the slide because of a hard recoil spring then the ability part is out the window. Unless they meant people in Chicago are really stupid and lack even the most basic form of brain power. You can teach a monkey to do just about anything, are we saying that Chicagoans are rank that low? Isn't there a large black community in that area? lol I'm surprised good ol Jeese Jackson hasn't put 2 and 2 together and went after this man I think we should all start calling PUKE

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast