Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    (Monroe County)

Default Re: Mayor Daley still does not get it.

I can imagine the ones that aren't minors voting. Oh noez the horrors!

I am aware of the 3/5th compromise and its purpose. I was painting a picture of some of the other gems our country has passed on as fair along the way.

I don't go for the concept that Americans need to prove much more than citizenship in order to vote. That smacks of elitist bullshit to me. We should have as many people voting as are legally able to. And trying to limit it so the "correct minded" only vote is pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by TravisBickle View Post
    The 3/5ths clause had NOTHING to do with voting rights. 3/5 of the black slave population was counted for apportionment, while 0/5 of had a vote. Its purpose was to convince Southern states to ratify the Constitution by giving them (free white males, for the most part) more representation in the House than they otherwise would have had if only free whites were counted for the purpose of apportionment.

And another thing: universal suffrage would be a terrible idea. Could you imagine all 300+ million Americans voting, including even infants?

I found both triggers to be terrible to me so the triggers are on a scale to me.. The Glock was a crisper suck and the XD was a more mushy suck. They are in the same family, SR9 (heavy suck), Glock (crisp heavy suck), XD( lighter mushy suck), M&P(heavy mushy suck).

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by thelemite View Post
    I agree with limited government. But people have rights, even the stupid.
    Keeping people participating in the process, gives them buy in.
    I don't go for the concept that Americans need to prove much more than citizenship in order to vote. That smacks of elitist bullshit to me. We should have as many people voting as are legally able to. And trying to limit it so the "correct minded" only vote is pathetic.
    THE MAKING OF AN IDIOT NATION!

The expansion of government (specifically the welfare nature of taking every bit of money possible and doling it out politically to those who vote appropriately, whether actual welfare recipients, labor union contracts, corporate welfare, educational grants, etc.) has corrupted the entire voting system. Votes are bought and sold every day and the Universal Healthcare bill proves it without doubt. They do not fear enough to even try and hide it.

It's possible that the corruption could expand sufficiently to totally subvert our Constitution (by voters choosing to abandon it's principles) and the Capitalistic Economic System this country was built upon --- the two great pillars of FREEDOM that underpin The American Dream...

In spite of the seemingly good news of Heller & McDonald, it's not hard seeing that we are already well down this road by simply looking at the increasing speed of the attacks on these two pillars - especially since 9/11/01 and the most recent presidential election. . . . . . . .

ID

(Allegheny County)

denying those between 18-21 from voting, having a poll tax, and perhaps limiting participation to landed gentry?
    Our country went for most of its history without letting 18 year-olds vote and it worked quite well. FWIW, I still oppose the under 21 vote. Can't drink, shouldn't be allowed to vote.

Landed gentry? No maybe not the gentry but let's make it property owners.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Wiley-X View Post
    Our country went for most of its history without letting 18 year-olds vote and it worked quite well. FWIW, I still oppose the under 21 vote. Can't drink, shouldn't be allowed to vote.

Landed gentry? No maybe not the gentry but let's make it property owners.
    To you also oppose those under 21 being subject to registering via the selective service? I agree about drinking, but not quite how you have in mind. I don't see a need for my government deciding when a person is prepared to drink. If we are going to have less government, lets have less government.

So in your opinion, renters should not be allowed to vote? I just want to make sure I have that right.

I found both triggers to be terrible to me so the triggers are on a scale to me.. The Glock was a crisper suck and the XD was a more mushy suck. They are in the same family, SR9 (heavy suck), Glock (crisp heavy suck), XD( lighter mushy suck), M&P(heavy mushy suck).

(Monroe County)

I agree with your views on the cancer that is collectivism, corporatism, and the welfare state.

Quote Originally Posted by ImminentDanger View Post
    THE MAKING OF AN IDIOT NATION!

The expansion of government (specifically the welfare nature of taking every bit of money possible and doling it out politically to those who vote appropriately, whether actual welfare recipients, labor union contracts, corporate welfare, educational grants, etc.) has corrupted the entire voting system. Votes are bought and sold every day and the Universal Healthcare bill proves it without doubt. They do not fear enough to even try and hide it.

It's possible that the corruption could expand sufficiently to totally subvert our Constitution (by voters choosing to abandon it's principles) and the Capitalistic Economic System this country was built upon --- the two great pillars of FREEDOM that underpin The American Dream...

In spite of the seemingly good news of Heller & McDonald, it's not hard seeing that we are already well down this road by simply looking at the increasing speed of the attacks on these two pillars - especially since 9/11/01 and the most recent presidential election. . . . . . . .

ID

To you also oppose those under 21 being subject to registering via the selective service? I agree about drinking, but not quite how you have in mind. I don't see a need for my government deciding when a person is prepared to drink. If we are going to have less government, lets have less government.

So in your opinion, renters should not be allowed to vote? I just want to make sure I have that right.
    If only property owners were allowed to vote, you'd see massive purchasing of property out from under people using all kinds of schemes just to disenfranchise them. Some would be forceful such as eminent domain. Other methods would be simple deception such as offering "ownership of a 3000 year lease" along with some marginal amount of money in exchange for ownership of the actual land itself.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234