Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (York County)

Default robbed at gunpoint, assaulted, not reported

Same old song and dance in Maryland.

Men who were contracting for my employer (major telecom) were working in the neighborhood called "Pioneer City" near Ft. Meade, MD and were approached by 7-9 young men yesterday just before noon. One pulled out a gun and held it to one of the workers' head, and the end result was the workers were beaten with shovels and a pipe, and their wallets and cellphones were stolen. Both men were hospitalized, one at Shock Trauma in Baltimore, and one at a local hospital. It is my understanding that they were both released that evening.

I have worked in that neighborhood several times and had some real close calls. It's basically a ghetto sitting in the middle of suburbia.

With Maryland's current policy toward CCW permits, it is basically impossible to get them. Looking over their website, there are ridiculous stipulations like for instance one is you need to have been assaulted 4 times!?!?!?!

It sucks that I cannot carry in MD. My company has a strict policy concerning firearms, so even if I could carry in Md I couldn't even bring one with me to work, but if there were several permit holders out there, a group of 7-9 young men would not be so completely confident that they can act like animals.

What makes things worse is it did not make the news. Why? Because 7-9 black men beating 2 whites isn't newsworthy, it's common. Now if that would have been 7-9 white guys wailing on 2 blacks the news would have been all over it. Oh, yeah and they probably wouldn't want to alarm all the people who bought new homes nearby who have no idea this neighborhood even exists

(Pike County)

Default Re: robbed at gunpoint, assaulted, not reported

your so right about all the things you said twisted,,

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedCopper View Post

With Maryland's current policy toward CCW permits, it is basically impossible to get them. Looking over their website, there are ridiculous stipulations like for instance one is you need to have been assaulted 4 times!?!?!?!
    That's absolutely incredible.
    Do the lawmakers actually read the bills they vote on before they vote?
    How could someone introduce legislation with such asinine clauses in it?
    And even more incredible is the fact that people keep voting for and electing these jokers!
    That whole mentality is so absurd it's unbelievable!

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedCopper View Post
    Same old song and dance in Maryland.

Men who were contracting for my employer (major telecom) were working in the neighborhood called "Pioneer City" near Ft. Meade, MD and were approached by 7-9 young men yesterday just before noon. One pulled out a gun and held it to one of the workers' head, and the end result was the workers were beaten with shovels and a pipe, and their wallets and cellphones were stolen. Both men were hospitalized, one at Shock Trauma in Baltimore, and one at a local hospital. It is my understanding that they were both released that evening.

I have worked in that neighborhood several times and had some real close calls. It's basically a ghetto sitting in the middle of suburbia.

It sucks that I cannot carry in MD. My company has a strict policy concerning firearms, so even if I could carry in Md I couldn't even bring one with me to work, but if there were several permit holders out there, a group of 7-9 young men would not be so completely confident that they can act like animals.

What makes things worse is it did not make the news. Why? Because 7-9 black men beating 2 whites isn't newsworthy, it's common. Now if that would have been 7-9 white guys wailing on 2 blacks the news would have been all over it. Oh, yeah and they probably wouldn't want to alarm all the people who bought new homes nearby who have no idea this neighborhood even exists
    Just like that young white couple kidnapped in Tenn some time ago by several black youths. He was viciously murdered, and she was raped for three days, then killed horribly. The MSM did not cover it nationally, and barely locally. Of course Sharpton, etc did not mention it at all...
    Assaulted 4 times? That is simply outrageous!
    I agree with your observations.
    mrwildroot
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety.

(York County)

Some guy who had been married less than a year left his house in Fells Point a few weeks ago and was beaten within inches of his life by some thugs. Again... not reported by the major media. If not for a conservative Baltimore Talk Radio show (Ron Smith) I would have never heard of it. link posted by padowser in another thread: http://www.zachsowers.com/index.php?page=1

I can't wait to find out what my employer's new "policy" towards working in that neighborhood will be. We get OC spray for free from them for dog attacks (same stuff USPS has) but I am sure they would fire me if I used it in self-defense on a thug like one of those guys. They will probably make it a "two-tech area" meaning you don't have to go in there alone. That worked well for these guys.

I should mention that one guy ran away and had someone call 911. When the POPO showed up some of the assailants were trying to steal the company truck but couldn't get it going (don't know details) and the other two men were still taking a beating from the perps. They ran but supposedly there are two suspects in custody. IF the one hadn't broken free and called 911 it may have been worse. Well the bright side is if they go in there and get beat 3 more times they might qualify for a carry permit

i wonder if you get extra points if you get sexually assaulted??? talk about politics at their best.

be safe down there and let us know how their recovery goes

(York County)

Okay doing a little more research I am coming up blank in finding anything that states 4 incidents is the requirement. That said, a co-worker of mine was denied a permit and the AG's office told him there needed to be a history of attacks, and implied that there would need to be at least 3 or 4 in an area that you must frequent.

SOrry, but I was misled and passed along heresay in this thread. Do keep in mind that just about everyone I know who has applied for the Maryland permit has been denied, including those who work or live in high crime areas. I do know 2 business owners who have permits but they have had them for years and I doubt they would be issued them if they applied today for the first time.

In Maryland, a security guard at a bank can be armed with a gun to protect his employer's money but when I want to take my kid(s) to an Orioles game, I must go into a city with one of the highest murder rates in the nation completely unarmed and unable to defend the lives of my children. Nice priorities

(Northampton County)

As I posted in another thread.....some public officials want crime to be a safe occupation.

Sometimes a lawbreaker's best ally is a lawmaker.

AND yes.....If the perps were white & the victims black (I'm not condoning unprovoked violence against anyone)......Jesse,Al and the army of oncall,professional protesters would all be down there AND it would be front page news for about 2 weeks.
    Last edited by reverserboy; October 13th, 2007 at 07:57 AM.

(Venango County)

Quote Originally Posted by mauser View Post
    That's absolutely incredible.
    Do the lawmakers actually read the bills they vote on before they vote?
    How could someone introduce legislation with such asinine clauses in it?
    And even more incredible is the fact that people keep voting for and electing these jokers!
    That whole mentality is so absurd it's unbelievable!
    They have security details......they don't need them

Weaker people trade personal freedom for false security, especially in Democrat hotbeds....

Worst part is they trade OUR personal freedoms for THEIR false security.....

Glock Pistols.......So simple a Caveman could fix them!

(Lebanon County)

I know it's easy to sit at my safe desk at home and type this, but in a situation such as yours, you have to decide whether company policy, or another states law is worth your Life. I had a job a few years back where I traveled to the Eastern Shore of MD and VA, spraying trees around power substations. I carried my .45 every trip. I had no need to ever use it, but I allowed myself the option. I was alone for long periods of time in unknown areas, and felt a bit safer being armed. In your case employees have been assaulted on the job, and the company has done squat. Screw their policy. Concealed=no one knows it's there but you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast