Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Wyoming County)

Default Re: counter sniper 4x16 review and Vortex

Quote Originally Posted by Stampeed Valkyrie View Post
    So Shooker how do they hold up and function? Are you pleased with the performance?

Distance shooting for me is currently limited to 300-600 yards and thats because there are no ranges with longer distances near me. The choice of optics I use cost a fraction of the ones Tomcat mentions, yet they all work! Imagine that!

I also find it sad when people come on and troll others opinions.... just an FYI

Seriously? Do I even need to say anything about this one?

Your from TX right? cause you sound like a douche

Back on topic Shooker try em out. I have never used either brand and see how they hold up. If they work or don't work update the post at least I'd be interested in hearing results.

The "internet experts" can post all they want I highly doubt anyone will take them seriously.
    Well honestly its an ok scope. I would probably save a few more dollars and avoid their bigger scopes. I thought the scope was clear I compared it to my other scopes I usually only use Leupold and Zeiss scopes. The vortex I really like and am going to a buddies house who has a 750 yard range. I can give a report after that on the vortex.

The countersniper 1-4 power is a nice little scope if you don't plan on shooting too far. Vortex seems like a very good brand and they do stand by their products.

Distance shooting for me is currently limited to 300-600 yards and thats because there are no ranges with longer distances near me. The choice of optics I use cost a fraction of the ones Tomcat mentions, yet they all work! Imagine that!.
    I would debate then that you don't really know what "distance shooting" really is. You're starting to get into mid range though. You are putting words in my mouth by saying that you need a $2k+ rifle scope to shoot even long range. The only reason I mention some of the scopes that I did was to exhibit the ignorance of some of the testimonials. One of the people claimed that they "only own the best optics", when in fact, they were barely mentioning scopes that get to the high midrange level.

The other thing to remember is that just because they work for you out to 600 yards, doesn't mean that they will work for any further. When you start shooting to 800+ yards, the scope has to track PERFECTLY. Otherwise, when you dial on elevation, you'll also be dialing on unknown amounts of windage, because the turrets are tracking horizontally as well. At closer ranges, and the accuracy that most people and/or their rifles are capable of, it's negated. On a precision weapon shooting LR though, a scope that works at 300-600 yards doesn't always work at longer ranges. So "they work" is very subjective, even when it comes to shooting at further ranges. So please don't try to make it look like I said that someone has to shoot a Nightforce or better scope for it to "work"; that's NOT what I said. Other posts that I've made on the forum go completely to the contrary on this. I comment and give advice on scopes that cost $200 or less all the time.

I also find it sad when people come on and troll others opinions.... just an FYI
    I'm not a troll, nor am I trolling the poster. Maybe you forgot to look, but I've been on this forum almost twice as long as you have. I have made quite a few contributions to this forum, including some stickies. What I said wasn't off topic, meant to "stir $h!t", it was my honest opinion of the optics and the way they try to do business. I find their advertising to be dishonest, and want to try to keep people from being cheated out of money. I KNOW the quality of Countersniper optics, and the problems that they have. For the money that they ask for them (or pretend to), it's ridiculous; even for the price they actually sell the scopes at, you can get much better optics for the same amount of money. I didn't mention the bad scans or anything else attacking the OP, since he already started that he doesn't work for Countersniper, that's on them.

Back on topic Shooker try em out. I have never used either brand and see how they hold up. If they work or don't work update the post at least I'd be interested in hearing results.

The "internet experts" can post all they want I highly doubt anyone will take them seriously.
    What difference does it make that I live in Texas? Apparently you missed the reference that I tried to make, but that it appears the OP might have caught. Countersniper is located in New York, so if the OP worked for them, he would likely live in NY. The fact that he lives in PA, and had posts that made it sound like he frequented places in PA made me think he didn't work for Countersniper. I was giving him the benefit of the doubt, but apparently you didn't catch that. Since it wasn't directed at you or others, I didn't realize I had to spell it out for you. I'm not even going to respond to your comment about me sounding like a douche, that's your opinion and you're entitled to it. Either way, you should be careful about making comments like that, because while I didn't report it to the mods, it IS a personal attack and you can get banned for that. I have thicker skin than throwing a hissy fit over it, but just realize that some people might not. I'm also not an "internet expert" or an "expert" of any kind, just someone that shoots a lot and has a fair bit of experience. The fact that there's a sticky in the optics section that I wrote, and that has thousands of views speaks for itself in that I know a bit and that some people care. Oh and in case you missed it, the OP already told you that the Countersniper scope didn't measure up and he took a full refund; lends a little bit of credibility to what I said.

Quote Originally Posted by shooker8 View Post
    All I'm saying is its not for airsoft. Really if someone is on a budget its not the worst scope. The countersniper 1-4 power works quite well and is surprisingly clear. I'm not saying that the scope is going to compete with high end scopes, but it's not the worst thing I have ever looked through. The customer service of countersniper was great. I don't work for them or even really care for their bigger scopes, but I gave it a try. Once I tried it had a little problem sent the scope back. I got all my money back and bought the Vortex scope.

Assuming your probably going to continue to flame and troll. I didn't say the articles were good I just posted them up. Shotgun news posts all kinds of articles and they may have made money on it. Some of these articles are questionable, but the scope worked, held zero, and was clear. It wasn't as clear as the Vortex or as small, but the scope worked.
    All Aubie and I were saying is that it's our opinion that the majority of their customers are people who are "airsofters" or have that mentality. Many of those guys are more about the look, than they are the function and quality. The optics are also more likely to hold up, seeing as how they are never used at any sort of extended range, look nice in appearance, and will hold up to that recoil. Personally, it's not all that difficult to have pretty good clarity at 1-4x; so I don't doubt that it had good clarity. Seeing some of the stuff that gets past Barska's quality control people, there's no way it can be the "worst scope", but myself and lots of others believe there are MUCH better optics for the money. The second scope (Vortex) that you chose is one of those scopes. I'm glad to hear that you had a good experience with their customer service.

I'm curious as to what "little problem" you did have. Do you mind telling us? I think if you're doing an honest and straight forward review of the scopes, it would be quite useful. If the scope worked, was clear, and held zero, why did you send it back? It sounds like it was enough of an issue, or for the money that you decided it was better to get a refund as opposed to a replacement.

Now I can see how you might view my comments as a flame, they're far from a troll. Everything I've said so far can be supported, and I'm not saying it to stir the pot, it's the truth. Most people hardly find something posted on the company selling the product, as an unbiased or reputable source. Would you like me to post up some other sources of some evaluations of Counter Sniper optics? I'll be happy to if it'll help people stop saying that I'm just a "troll". It's OBVIOUS that they made money off of the review, otherwise they wouldn't have put themselves out there with such a biased review. The articles read EXACTLY like the advertisements on their page, so apparently they didn't make enough profit that it was worth their time to rewrite what they were given by Counter Sniper. Either way, what I'm saying is the truth, the articles are NOT unbiased, therefore they are inaccurate and misleading.

(Delaware County)

Default A what because he's in Texas?

Hmmm, I normally don't interject when the conversation goes silly but...
    Stampeed Valkyrie,
    Did you notice how many rep points TomCat has? He didn't get them from posting a few good jokes. You might want to look back at his posts, especially the stickies about optics and gunsmithing. I was quite surprised you responded to him the way you did and how civil his answer was back to you. As you mentioned, you have trouble getting to a 600 yard range here in Pennsylvania. From South East PA where I live, I have to drive 70 miles to get to a 300 yard range. In a recent conversation with TomCat, we were comparing guns and he mentioned he had no use for carbines. Since I have several, I thought about it for a minute and then asked him...."A lot of the places you go, you can see the horizon in most directions?" and he said "Yep." In wide open country, 1000 yards is a short distance for some people. We in PAFOA are very fortunate that TomCat joined us and is able to share the experience he has with long range shooting to a lot of us who don't get the chance to shoot nearly as far as he does. My skill level and knowledge is much higher from advice given here at this forum and especially from TomCat.
    You don't mention your age and I suspect that I know why.
    If you are a serious shooter or might want to grow up to be one, then, again, you might want to read around a bit here in this forum before name calling.
    Good luck,
    Smitty56

So Shooker how do they hold up and function? Are you pleased with the performance?

Distance shooting for me is currently limited to 300-600 yards and thats because there are no ranges with longer distances near me. The choice of optics I use cost a fraction of the ones Tomcat mentions, yet they all work! Imagine that!

(Wyoming County)

The little problem was the up and down elevation turret was mushy. It was hard to distinguish the clicks on the scope, this is in the original post. The review I gave it was mostly on customer service. I shot the 1-4 power counter sniper a lot. The scope did lack fit and finish, but worked. I returned it and they do stand by their optics. The vortex is very different than the counter sniper. The clicks are very defined and they are very consistent. I was shooting from 100-500 yards and it maintained the zero very well. When adjusted and readjusted it maintained the zero on the target. The smaller counter sniper scope did the same thing. I could adjust it and go back and it would maintain the zero. The counter sniper scope (the bigger one) because of the mushy turret I didn't get to try it.

Here are some of the pros and cons that I have noticed from using the scope in the limited amount of time before I returned it.

pros
    illuminated reticule
    customer serivce
    clarity as clear than the zeiss conquest and leupold 3-9's
    1/4 moa adjustments were a 1/4 of a inch

cons
    very large long scope
    hard to turn the power adjustment
    up and down was mushy
    (didn't get to try it more than a few hundred bullets between the two of them)

I don't know how the scope would readjust. Also where we shoot the furthest range near me I can find is 750 yards. So I can say that I never shot super far shots. The vortex scope does quite fine at 500 yards haven't got it out to 750 though yet.

I'm not trying to convince you guys that this is the best scope on the market but truly the scope isn't terrible. It never moved while shooting the weapon or while doing some hiking with it. The smaller counter sniper was on my rifle for a year and never lost zero.

(Wyoming County)

I also have to say due to college I can't invest nor have the income to compare truly high quality scopes by leupold, zeiss, and other higher end companies. This may bias my opinions...

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by shooker8 View Post
    counter sniper scope pics

"Manufactured to the specification for the government of the United States of America"

Rooks rike day need to use da better engrish when pwomoting pwoduct.

Not sure what single specification (not specifications...plural) they are refering too, but I'm glad it covers the entire United States of America and not just the DoD.

At least they printed it right on there so you know its quality.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123