Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Wyoming County)

Default gone

well let me start with prices the counter sniper scope http://www.countersniperoptics.com/c...d=6058654.7504

the $400 one. This scope was good and I loved the mildot reticle. It came out of the box with all the bells and whistles. The scope was very clear and had a good eye relief. But I had some problems getting it to zero. The scope had a very mushy up and down elevation knob. The other counter sniper scope I had and the left/right adjustment knob had a very crisp 1/4 moa adjustments. The company took the scope back no questions asked. I put about 300 rounds through the scopes if not more.

The next scope I got was a vortex viper. The scope is a 6.5x20 with a 50mm bell. Here is a link to the scope http://www.vortexoptics.com/product/...il-dot-reticle . The scope is very very clear. This scope is a lot more clear than the countersniper and all of the leupold. The scope adjusts very easily and dials in like a telephone operator. If you are in a shooting vice and your rifle can handle the accuracy it has no problems going on exactly 1/4 moa at 100 yards and when you calculate your clicks it takes care of you. The scope has all the focus adjuster based on yardage and it is very clear. I have around 40 shots through the scope but will update as it gets to more

counter sniper scope pics

vortex scope pics

Last edited by shooker8; April 15th, 2012 at 12:25 AM.

Default Re: counter sniper 4x16 review and Vortex

You do realize that the "counter sniper" scope is an airsoft optic don't you?

A good rule of thumb is to not take any company serious that uses the term "sniper" in their product name. IMO, you wasted $400 on that CS scope.

Now, in regards to the Vortex Viper, you have a winner. I just sold mine, but it is a very good scope for the money. I do not believe you will find a better optic in that price range. If you ever have an issue with your Vortex, just get in touch with them and they will take care of you.

(Allegheny County)

How is the repeatability of the vortex? I'd be interested to see how it does on a round robin.

If you're not familiar with it, you adjust the scope to hit a corner of your target when you're aiming in the middle. Fire 1 shot into the bottom left corner, adjust elevation up 5 mins, fire, adjust windage right 5 mins, fire, adjust elevation down 5 mins, adjust windage left 5 mins. You wind up with 2 holes in the bottom left, and 1 hole in the other 3 corners. Repeat 4 more times so you have 10 holes bottom left, and 5 in each of the other corners. Each of the 4 groups should be tight like a normal group would be.

(Philadelphia County)

[QUOTE=aubie515;1258277]You do realize that the "counter sniper" scope is an airsoft optic don't you?

A good rule of thumb is to not take any company serious that uses the term "sniper" in their product name. IMO, you wasted $400 on that CS scope.
    QUOTE]

I've read nothing but good things about SWFA Super Snipers...

The SWFA renamed it the SS versus Super Sniper. When it was called the Super Sniper it was owned by Tasco. I've owned 3 SS...they are ok for the price point. The new SS in FFP is suppose to be a great scope, but at a 3x9 power it doesn't appeal to many.

[QUOTE=Willie D;1258360]
    Quote Originally Posted by aubie515 View Post
    You do realize that the "counter sniper" scope is an airsoft optic don't you?

QUOTE]

I've read nothing but good things about SWFA Super Snipers...

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by shooker8 View Post

vortex scope pics

Looks like your photobucket is full

Bye for a while, guard the fort. - My Dad

Quote Originally Posted by aubie515 View Post
    The SWFA renamed it the SS versus Super Sniper. When it was called the Super Sniper it was owned by Tasco. I've owned 3 SS...they are ok for the price point. The new SS in FFP is suppose to be a great scope, but at a 3x9 power it doesn't appeal to many.
    How is 3-9x undesirable? It covers all bases except close quarters.

(Wyoming County)

counter sniper isn't just for airsoft..... You do know people use them on their .338 Lapua
    Last edited by shooker8; June 30th, 2010 at 07:28 PM.

Because 3x9 is basically good for hunting only. You aren't going to see someone using it to shoot 1,000 yards, but that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by electronics View Post
    How is 3-9x undesirable? It covers all bases except close quarters.

I highly doubt that anyone that owns a LAPUA rifle is going to be using a counter sniper optic. I would also take it a step further and say that if you owned a Lapua that you would know how to spell Lapua.

If you are happy with your crappy optic...that's all that matters. I don't need to own one to know that it will not hold up to hard use.

Quote Originally Posted by shooker8 View Post
    counter sniper isn't just for airsoft..... You do know people use them on their .338 lepua's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast