Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default CZ P-07 Holster - P/N 11190 sold by CZ-USA - review after retention class

Just wanted to report that the 11190 holster sold by CZ USA was worn by me during a retention training class this weekend.

https://shop.cz-usa.com/images/items/zoom/11190.jpg

There were a couple of problems experienced with this holster.

1) during rear attempted disarms - as the perp tried to grab the gun from the back and pull, my hand would clamp down on top of their, as they tried desperately to get the gun out the holster was not staying put and resisting rotation. Those little acorn nuts that are supposed to hold the holster in place on the belt simply pop themselves under the belt allowing the holster to rotate back and making it easier for the grab to take place. It made my job harder.

2) The adjustable cant feature - the plastic teeth with the central screw holding the body of the holster to the belt attachment failed. The little plastic teeth are not deep enough nor strong enough to withstand the twisting forces imparted during attempted removals during a class, when all participants are NOT trying to actually hurt your or break your holster.

I won't be buying another one, as this is less than what I expect from a holster. The body of the holster held up very well and the belt attachment itself did not break - if the holster had rigid attachment to the belt attachment it would be good as I could make a kydex arm to replace the belt nub acorn nuts.

I might try an XD version holster instead - Atomic Dog has a 4 week backlog unfortunately.
    FNX-9 Two-tone

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: CZ P-07 Holster - P/N 11190 sold by CZ-USA - review after retention class

I am seeing if Atomic Dog can make me one soon. They haven't gotten back to me yet.
    FNX-9 Two-tone