Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Air Pistols?

(Lycoming County)

Default Air Pistols?

Odd question... does anyone have an air pistol they use for indoor practice or just for the hell of it? Like a target model or just a simply airsoft type?

I'm thinking about maybe picking up a pneumatic target model just to use in my apartment when the weather is not cooperative.

What do you have, what do you like/dislike?
    "Unus ut caput capitis"

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: Air Pistols?

Yeah. Some years ago, I was shooting air pistol matches about once a month. My wife made me a present of this gun

And a while later I bought this as a backup:

Both are great shooters and come with test targets that show a single caliber sized hole (or close) through which five shots have passed (10 meters).
    The first gun, an FWB, still works great but is old technology now, using CO2 as a propellant gas. The second gun is a single stoke pneumatic, an IZH-46.
    There was a direct and positive effect from steady use of these pistols. It was especially noticeable in my slow-fire Bullseye scores.

Pete
    Last edited by Pete D.; June 28th, 2010 at 05:13 AM.
    “Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games.”Hemingway ...

(Lycoming County)

I saw the IZH-46M online. It seems to the best of the less expensive models. Before you get to the real competition pistols (>$1200). I'm sure the IZH-46 would be more than I'd ever need and be a neat additional to the collection.
    "Unus ut caput capitis"

Yes I own some Air soft replica of most of the Guns that I own. I run quick draw and fire drills, home invading, house clearing drills and hostage scenarios with AS gun inside the house and garage. Setting up and letting assoicates setup multiple scenarios in my home and theirs, using large card board cut outs.

I have air soft guns that I dream about like MP5 sub gun, 2 M93r Beretta sub machine pistol, Sig 220 & 226.

And of course AS of those I own 1 M4, 4 1911s, 4 Glocks and 7 Beretta including the 2 R93s.I've been doing this for the past 5-7 years. They do help train basic pistol crafts and multiple transfer of sight picture, trigger control and ballistics groups & POI seem almost the same as live rounds inside 15 yards.

The more I read up about AS they are replacing the Blank Gun in Professional Law enforcement, Personal defense and Anti -Terrorist courses.

Then you got the Kids/and serious adults bug out situations that they play.