Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Default Re: Limp Wristing <<FACT OR FICTION>>???

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnies111 View Post
    Maybe my teaching was eliminating the problem before it could occur.
    Yep, limp wristing isnt really a good thing to have happen or even slightly fun. It is still important to know the myriad of firearm SNAFUs. Should we as proponents of our life style choice come into contact with a limp wrister we can rectify their situation.

If your gun is good and you're shooting hot enough ammo I don't think limp wristing is that big of an issue. I've intentionally limp wristed my Glock and have never had it fail. The only time this was an issue was when I shot super light reloads. Then, the only way my gun would cycle was if I put a death grip on it. So I guess the answer is yes it does matter if your gun is a little tight or your ammo is a little weak or a little bit of both. I know it will cause a lot more fails over the life of the gun if your grip is not correct.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

(Allegheny County)

My fiance limp wristed my M&P tonight. She also almost went into immediate action to clear it as well, but I stopped her as I wanted to examine the case (for other reasons).
    Jeff Cooper was a huge supporter of gun games, when he was winning them at least...

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    My fiance limp wristed my M&P tonight. She also almost went into immediate action to clear it as well, but I stopped her as I wanted to examine the case (for other reasons).
    Heck yeah, rep sent. It makes me smile to hear that she went to clear the malfunction immediately. I think it says a lot about how she's been taught, and that the training is paying off. I hope you found what you were/weren't looking for in the case that. Well done sir.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    That would be your fiancée.

(Luzerne County)

Ronnie:
    All my other experience was with other Cop's & Military personal which are taught the correct method, what I'm saying my lack of seeing LW could just be as simple as being around more formal firearm trained people. I've never thought of this before today but I have little or NO experience shooting with people who were not professionally trained for firearm's. Dam I think I got it, I think the answer is that easy & very funny when I look at it that way. It never crossed my MIND untill reading all of your post. Now that's an eye opener, AGREED?
    Agreed. As I wrote earlier, I believe that most of us would have a hard time trying to induce LW while firing a gun. The proper way to hold is so ingrained that it is very difficult to bypass.
    The one example of LWing that I have seen was with a shooter who had never fired a pistol before and who had had no training.
    Pete
    “Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games.”Hemingway ...

Quote Originally Posted by Pete D. View Post
    Ronnie:

Agreed. As I wrote earlier, I believe that most of us would have a hard time trying to induce LW while firing a gun. The proper way to hold is so ingrained that it is very difficult to bypass.
    The one example of LWing that I have seen was with a shooter who had never fired a pistol before and who had had no training.
    Pete

You are 100% correct Pete since I was only around formal trained personel anytime there was a FTF/FTE changing the mag alway's solved the problem. On Sheriff's Dept's. / Military range's if such happened, we just trashed the mag and got a new one. With Uncle Sam's tax dollar's at work and no one cared about attempting to repair them, it was Trash'm Get a new one and keep on shooting...LOL Don't you just love the Goverment?...LMAO
    PS: And we were required to trash'm and could not keep them for ourselve's to attempt a repair. Again that's our thoughtful Gov's best senerio to QUICK FIX..JUST SPEND MORE MONEY...lol
    I'm Your Huckaberry...Say When:)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete D. View Post
    Ronnie:

Pete

You are 100% correct Pete since I was only around formal trained personel anytime there was a FTF/STOVEPIPE changing the mag usually alway's solved the problem. On Sheriff's Dept's. / Military range's if such happened, we just trashed the mag and got a new one. With Uncle Sam's tax dollar's at work and no one cared about attempting to repair them, it was Trash'm.. Get a new one and keep on shooting...LOL Don't you just love the Goverment?...LMAO
    PS: And we were required to trash'm and could not keep them for ourselve's to attempt a repair. Again that's our thoughtful Gov's best senerio to QUICK FIX ??? JUST SPEND MORE MONEY OF COURSE WHAT ELSE WHEN THE MONEY IS FREE...LOL OH and by trashing I mean take a hammer and BEAT THE HELL OUT OF THEM and put a numbered tag & date on them & toss them in a bin. If I could have kept them & attempted a repair I would have thousand's of mags in 9mm, 45 ACP & 5.56
    Last edited by Ronnies111; July 5th, 2010 at 12:19 PM.
    I'm Your Huckaberry...Say When:)

(Erie County)

I have several friends with high end SAs. Due to severe Arthritis causing very weak and painful wrists, I have managed to cause all of them to malfunction in one way or another when they have had very few to no previous problems. or none since. So I'll stick to my long guns at the range and an under used wheel gun for SD. PS; I don't refer to it as Limp Wrist, I call it weak wrist. but lack of grip probably just multiplies the problem.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345