Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default I Must Have Magical Powers: Everywhere I Go, There's a Pistol I'm Looking For

It happened with the SIG P229 Elite. Then, I had my eye on a Stoeger Cougar, but only if I could find the 8045. Found one on my next trip to Cabela's. Then, I decided it'd be nice to have a Glock 35, but only if I could find one w/tritium sights, at a decent price. Found one at Target World. And, the gun I've been looking to get my hands on for quite some time, the CZ-75 SP01 Tactical. Nobody has it, that is, until I found one last night. So, is this good luck, or bad luck? Is it me somehow making the pistols I want appear, or is it an omnipotent "helping hand" reaching down and laying these guns before my eyes? I'm not sure, but I have a feeling I'm not the only one with this amazing "power".

[Edit: BTW, I got in and out of the shop w/the CZ without buying it . . . so far]
    Last edited by marks; June 26th, 2010 at 09:47 AM.
    "I don't care what went wrong. I beat the snot out of it until it works" - Clint Smith

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: I Must Have Magical Powers: Everywhere I Go, There's a Pistol I'm Looking For

welcome to the club.... i dont see it as much of a magical power but more as a curse... seeing as im poor at the moment... every time i find a new gun i like..... poof!!!! there it is.... taunting me cuz i cant buy it!!!

(Monroe County)

Default Re: I Must Have Magical Powers: Everywhere I Go, There's a Pistol I'm Looking For

it's the Devil tempting you...and he wins every time!..."Guns are evil..muahahahahahahaha"

(Bucks County)

since you have a gift for locating, can you find my sanity and good judgement? just saying.

(Berks County)

Back when i was still working , I used to love that-walking into a shop and finding something that just had been on my mind for a few days (or 20 minutes or so)...

Since I am retired, I still find these guns but have learned to "just say no"...except when it came to my recent Highway Patrolman purchase - I had to trade a couple of seldom used gun safe guns for it and some cash, but I got a great deal on it - it had been refinished and has about zero collector's value, but it is a great carry piece is you don't mind them a little big and heavy...

It's still fun, but I don't do it quite so often at my age....sort of like sex.

mark
    Another armed Liberal veteran.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by jakebrake View Post
    since you have a gift for locating, can you find my sanity and good judgement? just saying.
    Sadly, it seems my "gift" only seems to work when it'll cost me money.
    "I don't care what went wrong. I beat the snot out of it until it works" - Clint Smith

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by CHEMICAL View Post
    it's the Devil tempting you...and he wins every time!..."Guns are evil..muahahahahahahaha"
    I very nearly did it today. Considered taking a significant beating (but still a fair deal) on my SIG P229 Elite for the CZ-75 SP-01 Tactical. Whether it's the profile, weight/balance, sight picture, or some unknown "CZ factor", CZ's just seem to shoot really well for me. I managed (barely) to get out of the shop without buying it. The gears are still turning though.
    Last edited by marks; June 26th, 2010 at 03:07 PM.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bigrepp61 View Post
    welcome to the club.... i dont see it as much of a magical power but more as a curse... seeing as im poor at the moment... every time i find a new gun i like..... poof!!!! there it is.... taunting me cuz i cant buy it!!!
    It's not fair. And, you're right. It probably is more of a curse. I am trying to avoid ending up in a situation where I've paid $4,000 for $2,000 worth of pistols, but then, if you end up finding the right gun for you, it might be worth it. Not much point in having the "more valuable" pistol sitting in a safe.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by dogngun View Post
    Back when i was still working , I used to love that-walking into a shop and finding something that just had been on my mind for a few days (or 20 minutes or so)...

Since I am retired, I still find these guns but have learned to "just say no"...except when it came to my recent Highway Patrolman purchase - I had to trade a couple of seldom used gun safe guns for it and some cash, but I got a great deal on it - it had been refinished and has about zero collector's value, but it is a great carry piece is you don't mind them a little big and heavy...

It's still fun, but I don't do it quite so often at my age....sort of like sex.

mark
    Well, if you ever consider leading "GBA" (Gun Buyers Anonymous) meetings, let me know. I'm beginning to think I need therapy.

(Montgomery County)

i am cursed with this "gift" as well... although they all seem to get along and play nicely when locked in the safe, so maybe im picking good ones!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast