Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lancaster County)

Default trying to settle an argument

a friend and i were going back and fourth last night about gun laws. first what was the result of the castle law vote? second, i have heard him say this before that was when i really wasnt even into firearms, he says that you can only fire certain firearms or calibers in your home. basically because of the round going through a wall and hitting someone who you arent shooting at. i said it was bull but i have been wrong before. thoughts?
    thanks

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: trying to settle and argument

Quote Originally Posted by majorswaggs View Post
    a friend and i were going back and fourth last night about gun laws. first what was the result of the castle law vote? second, i have heard him say this before that was when i really wasnt even into firearms, he says that you can only fire certain firearms or calibers in your home. basically because of the round going through a wall and hitting someone who you arent shooting at. i said it was bull but i have been wrong before. thoughts?
    thanks
    Certain rounds, I'm no expert on which ones, can definitely penetrate through walls, which of course again brings up the fact that you should already be aware of what's behind every wall in your home.

HB40 (castle doctrine) is out of the Judiciary Committee, but stuck in another committee for now.

(Lancaster County)

ok rethinking this i see i have made myself sound dumber than i am. i know rounds can go through walls and they can also "skip along" the wall. what he was saying is that legally you can only fire certain calibers in your home, i was disputing the fact the rounds can go through walls.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by majorswaggs View Post
    ok rethinking this i see i have made myself sound dumber than i am. i know rounds can go through walls and they can also "skip along" the wall. what he was saying is that legally you can only fire certain calibers in your home, i was disputing the fact the rounds can go through walls.
    Oh, well yeah he's dead wrong if he actually thinks there's some law about that. Some areas do have "discharge" ordinances, but those don't really apply in self-defense situations anyway and I can't think of any of those being caliber specific at all.

An easy way to end an argument with someone who is dead set in their belief that something is illegal is to say, "alright, you know what, if you show me the law that makes it illegal, then I'll believe you."