Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default 2nd fatality in 2 days on Rt 33/209...

Rt 33 is closed again between Saylorsburg and Lehighton / Brodheadsville exit

This one looks like your standard head on when someone crosses the median

yesterdays was a speeding truck

http://www.poconorecord.com/apps/pbc...NEWS/100629869
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Northampton County)

Default Re: 2nd fatality in 2 days on Rt 33/209...

Yep...I just got home. Took me almost 1.5 hours. When I got off 33, I made it until just about the 209 intersection before we came to a complete stop. Took me another 45 mins to get up to BrickChurch road, then ....all the Joisey idiots were bumper to bumper blocking all the side roads, it took me 13 minutes to make a left onto Anchorage. Thank God for knowing the back roads!!

2 souls lost in less than 24 hours. Atleast the trucker didn't succeed in committing suicide and he'll get to stand trial!
    http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w186/amamruoy/sigline-1-1-1-1.jpg

(Monroe County)

The first one at Sheafer Schoolhouse could in some ways be blamed on PenDot. Let`s say the truck came across Pa from Oh. 300+ miles of limited access highway. Then up 33 for 30 miles of LA roads no lights now onto 209 extension looks like a limited access road then bam there's a light with traffic stopped.
    No excuse for the driver not being attentive but......

The second accident was the van with the 2 girls in the back seat that crossed the grass median and hit the bucket truck head on. My cousins was getting on SB when it happened.
    He said bucket truck driver ok but banged up, suv driver cuts, banged up and trapped but talking, van driver dead immediately but the one girl in the back was trapped and the other may have a broken arm.

Sad situations all the way around.

(Monroe County)

The light at Sheafer Schoolhouse is not needed and it's a road hazard. Who puts up a traffic light on a major highway? Exbiker is right, Penndot takes part of the blame for this one.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Tootie View Post
    The light at Sheafer Schoolhouse is not needed and it's a road hazard. Who puts up a traffic light on a major highway? Exbiker is right, Penndot takes part of the blame for this one.

I remember that road before the traffic light...and it was even worst before with people darting across and onto RT33.

People need to slow the phuck down and pay attention just like any other roadway.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kramer View Post
    I remember that road before the traffic light...and it was even worst before with people darting across and onto RT33.

People need to slow the phuck down and pay attention just like any other roadway.
    No, PennDOT needs to get their heads out of their asses and wake the fuck up AGAIN

How many people died on the stretch between Saylorsburg and Wind Gap before they decided to put guard rail up, NOT to protect other drivers but to protect the workers... The entire length of Rt 33/209 needs to have concrete barriers between the lanes, why it doesn't? who the hell knows. Maybe someone can tell those kids why she is dead, because there is no way this would have happened if there were barricades

Schaffers School house is a STUPID intersection. it should be closed off, the light removed and exit ramps added. Its not a back road, its a god damn highway. putting a light on it or having people trying to get out there is fucking STUPID!!!
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    Schaffers School house is a STUPID intersection. it should be closed off, the light removed and exit ramps added. Its not a back road, its a god damn highway. putting a light on it or having people trying to get out there is fucking STUPID!!!
    That is more or less what they did at Beaver Valley road where they put Jersey barriers up and now you can only get off and on from either side of the road with the previously existing exits. I would guess that the reason that was not done at Schaeffer School House is that it would not function as an alternative route/detour when I80 gets closed and stop lights are cheaper than constructing a clover leaf with functional acceleration and deceleration ramps. Realistically, the roads were never designed to handle the volume of traffic much less aggressive (which i believe is the PC term for a$$hole) drivers. A little patience and courtesy would go a long way in preventing accidents as well as improve other social behavior and would not give big government an excuse to raise taxes that would no doubt be diverted to other interests. (But I'm not bitter)

Time to BAN ROADS!

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAKevin View Post
    That is more or less what they did at Beaver Valley road where they put Jersey barriers up and now you can only get off and on from either side of the road with the previously existing exits. I would guess that the reason that was not done at Schaeffer School House is that it would not function as an alternative route/detour when I80 gets closed and stop lights are cheaper than constructing a clover leaf with functional acceleration and deceleration ramps. Realistically, the roads were never designed to handle the volume of traffic much less aggressive (which i believe is the PC term for a$$hole) drivers. A little patience and courtesy would go a long way in preventing accidents as well as improve other social behavior and would not give big government an excuse to raise taxes that would no doubt be diverted to other interests. (But I'm not bitter)
    Yup, they should do the exact same thing with Schaffer School House that they did with Beaver Valley. If you need a cross over then make it happen, better then people getting crushed at the light

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by Stooperzero View Post
    Time to BAN ROADS!
    the roads are fine. just keep them made of dirt, that'll slow em down.
    it's only metal, we can out think it....

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast