Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Re: 2nd fatality in 2 days on Rt 33/209...

The driver of the pile up is being charged with murder now,.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    No, PennDOT needs to get their heads out of their asses and wake the fuck up AGAIN

How many people died on the stretch between Saylorsburg and Wind Gap before they decided to put guard rail up, NOT to protect other drivers but to protect the workers... The entire length of Rt 33/209 needs to have concrete barriers between the lanes, why it doesn't? who the hell knows. Maybe someone can tell those kids why she is dead, because there is no way this would have happened if there were barricades

Schaffers School house is a STUPID intersection. it should be closed off, the light removed and exit ramps added. Its not a back road, its a god damn highway. putting a light on it or having people trying to get out there is

+fucking STUPID!!!
    Toatally agree , close the sucker off and build on ramps, when i moved here from New York , that was the oddest thing i have ever seen, never saw one in new York , - a stroplight on a highway ?

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by mrnyman View Post
    Totally agree , close the sucker off and build on ramps, when i moved here from New York , that was the oddest thing i have ever seen, never saw one in new York , - a stoplight on a highway ?
    The stoplight was an improvement! There used to be two crossings w/ stop signs, and frustrated people jolting out from the stop streets crossing in front of traffic doing 55 - 60 mph.

That's how it was for the first 20 - 30 years b/4 they closed the one crossing and added the stop light for the other...

Remember Rt 33 is not part of the Federal Interstate system, it is a PA highway and wasn't exactly built to Federal standards. The sections of Rt. 209 were 'improvements' tied in to reduce the traffic problems in the area. The old two lane blacktop Rt 209 was a US highway.
    Last edited by wis bang; June 26th, 2010 at 09:44 PM.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by wis bang View Post
    The stoplight was an improvement! There used to be two crossings w/ stop signs, and frustrated people jolting out from the stop streets crossing in front of traffic doing 55 - 60 mph.

That's how it was for the first 20 - 30 years b/4 they closed the one crossing and added the stop light for the other...

Remember Rt 33 is not part of the Federal Interstate system, it is a PA highway and wasn't exactly built to Federal standards. The sections of Rt. 209 were 'improvements' tied in to reduce the traffic problems in the area. The old two lane blacktop Rt 209 was a US highway.
    Yup, but back then there was nowhere NEAR the volume of traffic on the road as there is now. It used to be if you saw more then 5 or 6 cars on Rt 33 it was because it was Saturday and everyone was going to the Mall, nobody else drove on it and there was really no need other to go to Stroudsburg (which nobody did)
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by wis bang View Post
    If I'm not mistaken that part of the road is not 33, it's rt. 209. 33 breaks off towards Bartonsville a few miles before this stop light.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Tootie View Post
    If I'm not mistaken that part of the road is not 33, it's rt. 209. 33 breaks off towards Bartonsville a few miles before this stop light.
    Correct, the first accident happened on 209 and Schaffer School House Road

the second happened on Rt 33 between the 209 and saylorsburg exit and guardrail or a center divide would have absolutely prevented it from occuring
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Monroe County)

regardless of whether or not the road should or should not be there and open, the fault still sits with the drivers of the vehicles. period.

everyone is so damn impatient these days with their "me first" attitude, and constantly making bullshit dangerous decisions that put others at risk on the road.

Just because you're sitting there waiting to turn doesn't mean you cut someone off who's going 60 mph......you just wait.

That road and that light are not dangerous, the asshole drivers are.
    Last edited by CHEMICAL; June 28th, 2010 at 10:11 AM.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by CHEMICAL View Post
    regardless of whether or not the road should or should not be there and open, the fault still sits with the drivers of the vehicles. period.

everyone is so damn impatient these days with their "me first" attitude, and constantly making bullshit dangerous decisions that put others at risk on the road.

Just because you're sitting there waiting to turn doesn't mean you cut someone off who's going 60 mph......you just wait.

That road and that light are not dangerous, the asshole drivers are.
    No, the road is dangerous, yes drivers are a problem. but the road is dangerous and needs to be fixed

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    No, the road is dangerous, yes drivers are a problem. but the road is dangerous and needs to be fixed
    I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

"Guns are dangerous, yes..bad guys are a problem. But guns are dangerous and need to be destroyed."

Every problem that happens on that road is a result of an idiot driver, the road does not come to life and cause accidents, speeders and aggressive drivers do.

"Just last night I saw the highway open up and devour 2 cars into the bowels of hell!" The road just sits there, it does nothing on its own.

I've been driving that road since I got my license and the only problem I ever had was some idiot cutting across 2 lanes to turn, the turn did not make him do it, he chose to....see I go the speed limit and I obey traffic laws. Problem solved.
    Last edited by CHEMICAL; June 28th, 2010 at 10:29 AM.

(Monroe County)

The truck driver was wasted. He's going away for murder.
    Last edited by jcabin; June 28th, 2010 at 10:50 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast