Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lehigh County)

Default IDPA in lewistown?

so i was out at dicks the other day talking to the gun counter guy and he mentioned theres a range in lewistown that does idpa matchs.... anyone been to one??? anyone going to one in the future? id like to be able to get involved with some kind of shooting sport other than making holes the size of tennis balls in paper...

(Lycoming County)

Default Re: IDPA in lewistown?

back when i was shooting A LOT i used to go down there every month. it is a nice range (3 freakin huge pits) and all the guys and gals there are cool. i would say get online and read the rule book and go try it out. worse thing that can happen is you hate it and never want to go back.

(Centre County)

I've heard a lot of good things about the IDPA/IPSC programs they do down there. They are very friendly towards new shooters to the program. On of my co-workers neighbors is a regular shooter there and has invited me to come down and shoot my work schedule just hasn't worked out yet to let it happen. but what's the worse that could happen, you don't like it. I say head on over!
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Buy a silencer.

Tax: $200
    Cost of effective 5.56 suppressor: $500
    Letting the elderly neighbors sleep in until morning: Priceless.

"132 and Bush I've got him at gun point, OK gun point, 132 and bush, cover is code 3"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

(Lehigh County)

either way im headind down.... got a couple things to take care of first before i can even think of going.... and if i dont like it its prob cuz i suck and i need more practice.... so the vicious cycle ensues.... till i like it!

(Mifflin County)

I'm a regular there, if you have any questions, need directions, whatever, feel free to PM me. I don't get on the forums as much as I used to, but get e-mails when I have a PM.

We do IDPA the last Sunday of the month. We start registration at 9 AM and the match gets started around 10 AM. I recommend new shooters go to the IDPA website and read up on rules/equipment prior to coming out, it will clear up a lot of questions. Try and arrive early (around 9-9:15) for your first match. It'll allow time for you to ask any last minute questions, and allow us to give you a brief overview of how things run. We generally have 6 stages per match.

We're always looking for new shooters for both our IDPA and USPSA (2nd Sunday of the month, same times) matches. Anyone who's wondered what it's like should feel free to drop by sometime. I recommend bringing 150 rounds for an IDPA match, 200 for USPSA. Better to take some home than to run out before the fun's over. Double those numbers if you think you'll want to shoot the match twice. We don't always do a second shoot, but if enough people are interested we generally will.

I enjoy going to IDPA in Muncy.
    http://www.keystonesportsmenassociat...m/ksaidpa.html

Lewistown does have nice pits.