Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Kahr PM mag release

I have a Kahr PM that I have put 500+ rounds through since buying, without a failure. When I first bought it, chambering a round required no more strength than it did with my Glock and felt very smooth. At some point recently it seems to be extremely hard to chamber the first round, almost impossible. The second and subsequent rounds are fine, and there are still zero failures with it chambering or feeding rounds when firing.

If I weakly pull back on the slide and let go on a full mag, it can get a round stuck nose against the feed ramp. Upward pressure on the mag seems to lessen the problem so I'm thinking it something with the way the mags are seating?

Thinking "tap and rack" and about weak mags ( I had two used mags) I tried a band new one and the problem was the same. I checked the little lever in the mag well that connects to the mag release and everything appears to move freely and correctly. Mags have always retained rather than very positively dropped free and I can't tell if that has changed any.

Anyone who has seen this type of problem in a semi-auto before or has ideas of what to try to narrow the possibilities down, I'm all ears.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Kahr PM mag release

Issue Resolved. But not to my satisfaction. Kahr says it is supposed to be this way, and you are not supposed to load mags the way you would with a Glock. I don't like this, as I prefer gross motor skill movements, but oh well.

Unless anyone knows of a way around this.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Kahr PM mag release

Yes, I believe you are supposed to release the slide by locking it back, and then hitting the slide release. Its a tiny gun with a steep feed ramp, so thats how its gonna work.