Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: Appleseed 2 day event in Manheim

$80 is not doable for a shoot its freaking ridicules
    i don't shoot ar15's or 10/22's, if i like them i would have never sold them off,
    i like my 700, i like my big ass scope, and i like my hand loads that are so long i can't load the internal magazine.
    i will not drive a hour to manhiem to spend $80 just to shoot, its not worth taking off work to do
    V-DUB Shop!DUBNINJA 82

(Lancaster County)

this appleseed thing is just not my cup of tea, now the hidielburg 3gun shoots for $10 way more fun that shooting the same gun all day.
    V-DUB Shop!DUBNINJA 82

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bender View Post
    this appleseed thing is just not my cup of tea, now the hidielburg 3gun shoots for $10 way more fun that shooting the same gun all day.
    so, you can't shoot an Appleseed event because you don't have/want to shoot a gun other than your 700?

but you're shooting a 3-gun event? you doing that with one rifle?

(Lancaster County)

the 3 gun is pistol i got a few, semi rifle i use a buddys cetme, and a shottie who dosen't have 1
    i supose i could shoot that cetme in this apple seed shoot but a 500 round load out would cost a arm and a leg.
    so simple math $80 for the 2day shoot and 25 boxes of silver bear 308 at what like $15-20 a box i'll pass
    Last edited by Bender; June 28th, 2010 at 02:50 PM.
    V-DUB Shop!DUBNINJA 82

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bender View Post
    the 3 gun is pistol i got a few, semi rifle i use a buddys cetme, and a shottie who dosen't have 1
    i supose i could shoot that cetme in this apple seed shoot but a 500 round load out would cost a arm and a leg.
    so simple math $80 for the 2day shoot and 25 boxes of silver bear 308 at what like $15-20 a box i'll pass
    gotcha. your decision, but i think you're missing out. although i understand the hesitation to spend money on what appears to be a beginner's shooting class. i can't speak to your (or anyone elses) skill level, but i know the half-day i was able to attend one class helped improve my shooting, and i'm hoping to make it out for a whole weekend eventually.

(Lebanon County)

I actually love the idea of the appleseed shoot. I am not the greatest shooter in the world but being that I had the chance to review the setup, I do not think I am going to attend.

Even though the shoot may not require a great level of marksmanship, I do see how it could be very enjoyable, provide a chance to improve, and even a moderate challenge for seasoned shooters. I say this because even though I can cut the same hole all day long with my 700, my 12FP, or any other of my rifles, when you add time into the mix along with mag changes and multiple positions I bet it would be a great deal harder then what most are thinking.

The chance to enhance the stress level while shooting is an excellent chance to increase ones abilities, but I must agree,,,,, At $80.00 and a lot of time invested in load out, and then the funds to go with it (Cost of load out) the overall cost is pretty steep. There are a great arena of other types of shooting events that offer the same result at a much lower cost. Now for the ones that don't know me, I don't often say something is that over priced that I am not interested in.

Regardless I am absolutely sure that the shoot will be fun and educational for all shooters that attend at any level, but I think I am going to pass on this one and continue my practicing/improvement else where.

PS> Bender, there is no way Silver Bear is that much, isn't it like $8/box?

PS>PS> Bender, I tricked the CETME out a little and fixed some of it's issues. Next I need to get the +4 rollers and we are in business with an EXTREMELY smooth running CETME

PS>PS>PS> I just noticed that this shoot seems to be very rimfire friendly, are there different classes?
    Last edited by Fr0sty; June 28th, 2010 at 07:26 PM.

(Lancaster County)

what did you do to the cetme that favors my hands, it was running fine its better be up for the next shoot i refuse to use a ar15!!
    V-DUB Shop!DUBNINJA 82

(Lebanon County)

Remember how tough it was to charge?

Bolt carrier was rubbing hard on the receiver. I cleaned that up with mad skillz. So as a result it now has an ub3r good fit, with a crazy neat-o super high polished bolt carrier

I fixed the pistol grip (screw was a little loose)

and now I am working on springs and rollers

This cycling of this weapon will actually be nice when I am done, along with an exact headspace. As you saw, it has no issuing running, but I noticed I am a little light on bolt gap.

(Lebanon County)

Four of us are going to the Appleseed. We've been collecting the items for it and all but one of us is zero'ed at 25 meters.

It'll be myself, my Brother and his oldest boy, and a guy my Brother works with. The co-worker has only ever shot a rifle twice in his life, so naturally his first gun purchase is a WASR!

The one who needs dailed in is the son. He's convinced himself that he can do this whole program with a Kar 98. We did a test run of the 55 sec. shoot from prone, and he had 2 shots left in the gun when time was up. Ammo isn't a problem, just good sense! Com'on!

I'll be using a 5.56 M-4, and Brother will bring his .308 LR-10.

Lem'me hear you cheap penny-pinchers complain about that!
    Political Correctness is the idea that you can pick up a Turd by the Clean End.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by A_Wrench View Post
    Four of us are going to the Appleseed. We've been collecting the items for it and all but one of us is zero'ed at 25 meters.

It'll be myself, my Brother and his oldest boy, and a guy my Brother works with. The co-worker has only ever shot a rifle twice in his life, so naturally his first gun purchase is a WASR!

The one who needs dailed in is the son. He's convinced himself that he can do this whole program with a Kar 98. We did a test run of the 55 sec. shoot from prone, and he had 2 shots left in the gun when time was up. Ammo isn't a problem, just good sense! Com'on!

I'll be using a 5.56 M-4, and Brother will bring his .308 LR-10.

Lem'me hear you cheap penny-pinchers complain about that!
    I'm looking forward to meeting you at the Appleseed shoot!
    Frank
    "...The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded...It doesn't limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force."
    Marko Kloos 2007

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123