Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Will S&W replace my Polymer frame on my M&P .40cal?

Yesterday I was cleaning my M&P .40cal and I accidently dropped the polymer frame on some concrete and bent the slide reciever. To explain what i'm talking about it's the thin rail for the slide to go on. I bent the front tip of that and it's a real eye sore. The slide still racks backwards and forwards fine but that bent front is a real pain to look at. I thought about just sanding it down or something what do you guy's think??? I hate that this crap happened because this is my only pistol so it's sorda like my baby. I don't even like to look at it anymore. DAMN!

I don't know guy's! Do you think S&W will replace the frame with it being my fault and not a gun fault?

Any ideas and help will be much appreciated.
    Protect yourself at all times.... purchase a firearm. It's your right!

(York County)

Default Re: Will S&W replace my Polymer frame on my M&P .40cal?

Your saying the small rail in the polymer frame (one of the 4 short rail segments) got bent? If it was one of those rails, how would you see it? (ignoring any safety concerns for the moment)

I don't know, I think I would send it back, a failure to one of those rails while shooting could end badly.
    The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities.
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by YBNORMAL View Post
    Your saying the small rail in the polymer frame (one of the 4 short rail segments) got bent? If it was one of those rails, how would you see it? (ignoring any safety concerns for the moment)

I don't know, I think I would send it back, a failure to one of those rails while shooting could end badly.
    It sounded to me like he was describing that part as well. If so, I'd be leery about firing it until it is fixed. S&W will certainly replace it, but at what cost is hard to say.

(York County)

I don't know what S&W policy is but I have heard that some manufactures will transfer your serial number plate to a new frame so you wont have to go through the transfer process. And iirc, sending a firearm back to the manufacturer, you would not have to transfer to them, and then back to you. IANAL though!
    The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities.
    Ayn Rand