Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lancaster County)

Default PSO-1M2 Battery Issue

Does anyone know anything about the PSO-1M2 model scope? It came in on an 1994 Tigr. Am i using the correct batteries 1.5v D357/303? Also known as LR44 and many other names. From what i have read on the internet that is the right kind of battery, it said to use two 1.5v D357 stacked to make 3v. I heard from an old friend that they may use an 3v photo battery but i dont know. When i close the battery compartment there is a bit of space so there is no connection. I already checked and cleaned all contacts, and stretched the cap spring out to make sure it was extended fully. I just placed a new 3v red led bulb in it. If i put a ball of aluminum foil in the battery compartment to make the contact, it works but it is geto. Most of all i worry that it may damage the switch or circuit board. Any thoughts, cleaning tips, how to fix anything, storage, any restoring tips? Im open to ideas so long as they do not cause harm or hurt her in any way. I am new to Russian optics and sights. Here are some pics that might help.

I have used most of my photo bucket space so the pics are not very large. I can email bigger pics if you think you can help me.

Thanks
    Last edited by kisatu; June 23rd, 2010 at 11:39 PM.