Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Gun Shops???

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
    (Cumberland County)
    Posts
    30
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Gun Shops???

    Looking for a gun shop in the central PA area (Harrisburg & beyond). Found one in Elizabethtown.

    Anyone have another recommendation(s)?
    MOUNTAINEER NATION

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh area, Pennsylvania
    (Fayette County)
    Posts
    95
    Rep Power
    94

    Default Re: Gun Shops???

    This might help....

    http://forum.pafoa.org/shops-20/

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
    (Cumberland County)
    Posts
    30
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Gun Shops???

    Thanks!!! I am checking out several of the listed places.
    MOUNTAINEER NATION

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    (Lehigh County)
    Age
    33
    Posts
    887
    Rep Power
    415

    Default Re: Gun Shops???

    what counties are you looking in?? and what exactly are you looking for??

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Boiling Springs, Pennsylvania
    (Cumberland County)
    Posts
    29
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Gun Shops???

    I recommend Appalachian Trading Post. Joe has great prices and can get you pretty much anything you want or need.


    Address:
    3677 Spring Road (Rt.34 N)
    Carlisle, PA 17013
    (717) 249-4298

    Hours:
    Wed 4pm - 7pm
    Thurs 11:30 am - 7pm
    Fri 4pm - 7pm
    Sat 10am - 4pm
    Sun 11:30am - 2pm

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Centeral, Pennsylvania
    (Perry County)
    Age
    49
    Posts
    31
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Gun Shops???

    Quote Originally Posted by sk8 View Post
    I recommend Appalachian Trading Post. Joe has great prices and can get you pretty much anything you want or need.


    Address:
    3677 Spring Road (Rt.34 N)
    Carlisle, PA 17013
    (717) 249-4298

    Hours:
    Wed 4pm - 7pm
    Thurs 11:30 am - 7pm
    Fri 4pm - 7pm
    Sat 10am - 4pm
    Sun 11:30am - 2pm
    I'll have to check this out. I live fairly close and never knew it existed. Does he have many guns and/or ammo on hand?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
    (Cumberland County)
    Posts
    30
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Gun Shops???

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigrepp61 View Post
    what counties are you looking in?? and what exactly are you looking for??
    No specific county, anywhere around the Hbg, Lancaster, York region. I prefer handguns but would someday like to purcahse a shotgun.
    MOUNTAINEER NATION

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
    (Dauphin County)
    Posts
    39
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Gun Shops???

    Hit or Miss Gunshop in Halifax is worth the trip. I enjoy going there; not many left like that.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    West Shore!, Pennsylvania
    (Cumberland County)
    Posts
    4,587
    Rep Power
    354209

    Default Re: Gun Shops???

    Quote Originally Posted by WVUmountaineers View Post
    No specific county, anywhere around the Hbg, Lancaster, York region. I prefer handguns but would someday like to purcahse a shotgun.
    Sweet! Another local guy. I'm in New Cumberland. We are kinda dry in our area. Are you looking for anything in particular?

    There is a place in New Cumberland called Atlantic Tactical the carries a few guns. They are a cop shop though, and also carry shitloads of holsters. Mostly duty holsters, but some other good odds and ends. They carry new Glocks, new S&W stuff, and Ruger LCPs. The also carry Sigs but only sell them to law enforcement.

    If you need somebody to shoot with give me a shout. I'm always ready to go to the range. PM me.
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Centeral, Pennsylvania
    (Perry County)
    Age
    49
    Posts
    31
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Gun Shops???

    Quote Originally Posted by rwb1500 View Post
    There is a place in New Cumberland called Atlantic Tactical the carries a few guns. They are a cop shop though, and also carry shitloads of holsters. Mostly duty holsters, but some other good odds and ends. They carry new Glocks, new S&W stuff, and Ruger LCPs. The also carry Sigs but only sell them to law enforcement.
    The problem w/ Atlantic Tactical is they seem to have this big hang up on this and that only being available to "law enforcement". It's ridiculous. Why would it be a big sin to sell a Sig to someone other than law enforcement? Last I heard Sigs were still legal to the general law abiding citizen.
    I was in there a few weeks ago and wanted to buy a box of Winchester ranger ammo and was told they couldn't sell to me because I wasn't LE. Again, last I heard this ammo is legal to have and carry. I just told her it was ok, I'll just buy it somewhere else and probably at a cheaper price. Place just kinda sits wrong w/ me after that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. What gun shops do you use?
    By TheNewGuy in forum General
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: December 26th, 2009, 08:40 PM
  2. looking for new shops
    By DaveIam in forum General
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: December 12th, 2009, 06:42 PM
  3. What gun shops do you use?
    By normanvin in forum General
    Replies: 89
    Last Post: October 24th, 2009, 05:18 PM
  4. Used Gun Shops
    By Feddog82 in forum General
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: February 24th, 2008, 05:08 PM
  5. GUN SHOPS
    By mojofam7 in forum General
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: September 17th, 2007, 04:53 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Local gun shops | Local shooting ranges | Philadelphia Shooting Ranges | Philadelphia Gun Shops | Pittsburgh Shooting Ranges | Pittsburgh Gun Shops