Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (York County)

Default Re: Anyone belong to club?

Would you consider York IWLA near Dallastown? I have it on good authority that the facilities are quite nice, and they have extreemly active shooting programs, benchrest rifle, action pistol, funshoots, weekly trap, 3D archery etc.

g

(York County)

I'm new to the Dallastown area myself, and am running into similar problems of not knowing any one (or two) who is a member of either the IWLA or Windsor. I'm looking more to IWLA, as I'm also a TU member (and they have those interests as well), and it's only 5 minutes away. I like that they also have a membership for kids, as my 12 year old is really getting into shooting (he's on the verge of out shooting me with my M&P9).

I didn't know that the Jefferson club has a 7 yard pistol. I'll consider them, too, but I'm leaning toward the IWLA (no offense to the other clubs). Maybe I shouldn't be so picky.

I can appreciate the reason (I'm presuming) for the sponsors, so as to keep out any scoundrels, but it makes it difficult when you don't know many people. Uncle Sam is satisfied with my background check.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Geo View Post
    I can appreciate the reason (I'm presuming) for the sponsors, so as to keep out any scoundrels, but it makes it difficult when you don't know many people. Uncle Sam is satisfied with my background check.

One of the reasons I joined Jefferson. They made it easy as sin to get a sponsor. For that matter, I didn't even have to attend a meeting to be voted in. Working the afternoon shift my sponsor(also happened to be one of the board members) presented my application. I toured the club and was voted in that night actually.

(York County)

Thunderw0lf,

How are they as far as kids go? As much as I like shooting, it's a lot more fun with him.

Geo

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Geo View Post
    Thunderw0lf,

How are they as far as kids go? As much as I like shooting, it's a lot more fun with him.

Geo
    Students 12-18 get free memberships though they do need a sponsor as well. They do quite a lot of stuff for that age group. Hold a conservation week once a year where the kids stay there and sleep in the indoor range(indoor range is closed during that of course). They have 2 hunters safety courses a year as well. They have other stuff for kids as well though I'm not sure what they all are at the moment.

Nothing specifically for kids younger but you can bring them, provided they are properly supervised of course.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123