Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rossi revolvers

(Perry County)

Default Rossi revolvers

What do you guys think about Rossi revolvers? Was looking at a 351 and 352 today and I like the price. Didn't know they were bought by Taurus, so do you get the lifetime warranty with these as well?

I want a small .38 special revolver for concealed carry. I saw a S&W M36 Hammerless Chief's Special at the gun show last weekend and that seemed to be the perfect size (i seem to be kicking myself for not buying it). These seemed a good deal larger, but the guy at the shop said they are the same size. Maybe it was the grips on them that made them seem larger?

Even the LCR seemed bigger than I was expecting.

(Susquehanna County)

Default Re: Rossi revolvers

I thought Rossi was now made by Braztech? A different company than Taurus.

I have an older Rossi M720. Stainless Steel, 5 shot, k-frame size, 3" barrel, w/ adjustable sights in cal. .44 S&W Special. I love the caliber, the configuration is great for an easy to carry woods gun. But the gun is an absolute POS. It sits in my safe after almost 15 years of non-use. Fire a cylinder full and you damn near need a hammer to get the cylinder open for a reload. (I guess the term "hotter than a $2 pistol came from somewhere!) The gun was sent back for repairs to INTERARMCO (Alexandria Va) before they went belly up, but now the Braztech outfit denies all.

The bottom line: Don't touch a Rossi with a pole! Search the used market for a used Smith & Wesson of appropriate size and caliber, you'll be much happier. FWIW, that's my opinion on Taurus also.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by Brick View Post

I have an older Rossi M720. Stainless Steel, 5 shot, k-frame size, 3" barrel, w/ adjustable sights in cal. .44 S&W Special. I love the caliber, the configuration is great for an easy to carry woods gun. But the gun is an absolute POS. It sits in my safe after almost 15 years of non-use. Fire a cylinder full and you damn near need a hammer to get the cylinder open for a reload. (I guess the term "hotter than a $2 pistol came from somewhere!) The gun was sent back for repairs to INTERARMCO (Alexandria Va) before they went belly up, but now the Braztech outfit denies all.

The bottom line: Don't touch a Rossi with a pole! Search the used market for a used Smith & Wesson of appropriate size and caliber, you'll be much happier. FWIW, that's my opinion on Taurus also.
    It has Rossi, Taurus, Braztech, and possibly another stamp on it.

I have a Taurus PT99 that has been nothing short of awesome for me. It was the first pistol I bought.

They are hit/miss

IMHO Target guns for target loads.

IF you need a hammer to release the cylinder the chambers aren't big enough to handle the brass expanding. Nothing a hand drill and a sanding/polishing bit wouldnt take care of.

(Montgomery County)

Buy a Smith and Wesson, as you get what you pay for. Smith's are fantastic, yet when they are not they pay for the shipping back to the factory, cover the repairs and ship it back to the customer.

Check out the Smith and Wesson 442/642 J frames in .38 special. They weigh in at about 15 ounces, can be pocket carried by just about anyone and come in at a very reasonable price when used.

Stay away from very cheap guns, especially revolvers. Revolvers require more hand fitting then autoloading pistols do. You get what you pay for. Rossi is shit.
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

S&W 642's are Perfect for CC

I carried a 38+p model for awhile. never knew it was there even in just a T-shirt.

Coolest part was I could practice real shooting drills with Live Wax rounds IN house .

(Susquehanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by WWGunslinger View Post
    It has Rossi, Taurus, Braztech, and possibly another stamp on it.
    Nope, only caliber, Rossi & Interarmco. Nothing to do with Taurus or Braztech.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

(Perry County)

Nope, only caliber, Rossi & Interarmco. Nothing to do with Taurus or Braztech.
    Click the pic to enlarge it on on this link: http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...26tbs%3Disch:1

It clearly says Taurus on the right and I'm pretty sure it says Braztech on the left. I just handled 2 of these rossi pistols earlier today.

(Lancaster County)

Mine was a 6 shot 357 with 2 inch barrel. Absolutely a POS. I would strongly recommend not getting a Rossi.

(Allegheny County)

Question Re: Rossi revolvers

I don't know much at all about this brand, but do own a .38 snubby from them. It has sentimental value and I've never fired it. Are the older Rossi revolvers shit also?
    F*S=k

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast