Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    (Clinton County)

Default First Bad OC Encounter

Went out for breakfast then to Walmart. The first encounter was a good one. A man came up at Walmart and ask me if I was one of the group that was going to the Mill Hall meetings. He talked about telling the guys he works with what the law was. I gave him a flyer and he gave me a card. He is a Gunsmith in his spare time.

The bad one went as follows. I was walking by a guy that was older than me and I heard "Are you an asshole". I ignored this than he points at me and said Loudly. "Are you an asshole". I stopped and said what? He asked "Are you a cop". I said "no". He said "So you are an Asshole even though it is legal to carry that". He pointed to my Kimber.

So he knew it was legal but still called me a name. I knew any educating would do no good. I began to walk away. The next thing he said was " I should come over and smack you". That stopped me dead. I turned around. We were about 15 ft apart. He was not advancing. Now I have to say that the old B2 did not take shit from anyone in that manner. This is when I was young and dumb. But I did say "that would not be very smart". He said "why, because you have that". Pointed to my gun again. I was going to say no because you would be charged with assualt. But the only thing I could do was Laugh Loudly. Then I walked away.

As I was walking away an older lady motioned me over to her. She had seen the encounter. She said "I know that carrying like that is legal". She said she has a License to carry. She said License not permit. She told me I did good standing up for myself and gave me a thumbs up. I wanted to say I should have just kept walking when he called me an asshole but I just thanked her.

At no time did I go near to my Kimber. I never thought of getting near it. I was not worried about this guy hurting me but he could have got lucky. I had already decided that I would not throw a punch back if attack. I knew there was enough area to evaded and I was an instuctor in this area where I work. I should not have stopped and turned around when he threatened to smack me. But my training was to assess if he was advancing. I should have kept my mouth shut when I did stop.

My wife was not with me when this happened. Due to the reaction from when I told her what happened, I am glad she was not there. She was not happy. This just happened 1 hour ago.
    The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

(Northampton County)

Default Re: First Bad OC Encounter

Rep sent, you handled yourself well.

Also pleased to see your introspection and self awareness regarding your composure. Then again, you got ten years on me, and I've already learned a few things about myself as well.

(Allegheny County)

Good job handling that situation.

But this is one more example of why I CC. I just don't like putting up with other peoples shit.

Sounds like he threatened you. I'd have called the cops.

Let him talk big in front of the cops, especially with witnesses to what he said. You might have gotten him banned from the store, thus creating a more congenial environment for all shoppers. And if nothing else, you would have proof that you took the matter through appropriate channels, if he tried something later.

Gun owners can call the cops as well as have them called on us.
    Last edited by Deanimator; June 19th, 2010 at 01:24 PM.
    Je suis Charles Martel.

(Adams County)

Rep sent as well, all I can say is, wow. Way to check your ego at the door and take the mature option. That guy was itching for an encounter to prove that people that OC are nothing more than wild west cowboys out itching for an encounter so they can draw on them. Walking away was the best thing to do, kudos again on a situation handled very well.
    Porsche, there is no substitute

I should come over and smack you?

WTF is with these assholes?

You handled yourself well, god knows I might not have handled it that well.

(Allegheny County)

Glad to read that you had 2 good encounters to your 1 bad.

The old lady WAY makes up for that old turd that called you a name because he didn't agree with you LEGAL and RIGHTFUL actions that were not bothering him one tiny bit.
    FNX-9 Two-tone

(Clinton County)

wonder if I will ever run in to this guy. You did very well on how you acted

that couldnt have happened. who in the hell has the balls to call someone OC'ing an asshole? sure as hell not me. what a friggin douche bag, im at a loss for words...
    FJB

(Clinton County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    that couldnt have happened. who in the hell has the balls to call someone OC'ing an asshole? sure as hell not me. what a friggin douche bag, im at a loss for words...
    LOL come to Clinton County we have some real winners here

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast